MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I can't find a M&P40c locally so I started looking online.. Just got my CWP and was going to get one as a my primary.. Budsgunshop.com has one but it is the CA complient version.. What is the difference between CA and Non CA models? Looking at the S&W site.. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference...

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
California has an approved list of handguns that you can buy. If the gun is not on the list you simply can't import it or purchase it here. Gun manufacturers actually pay the state a fee to have their guns listed. California then conducts "safety tests" on the guns to make sure they are not "junk guns" and then they are approved, but only for a time. Their approval expires after 2 years IIRC. Its interesting that LEOs are exempt and may purchase guns not on the approved list. So basically California allows LEOs to purchase and carry "unsafe" guns. :wink:

The model at Bud's that is listed as CA approved is actually not CA approved. All California approved handguns must feature a mag safety, loaded chamber indicator, and 10 round mags. The gun that Bud's has listed does not have a mag safety, but it does have the loaded chamber indicator ( as all M&P's do), and the 10 round mags, which I'm sure you're not interested in.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Differences...

The CA version will have to have a magazine disconnect and internal lock. Since the 40 compact only comes with 10 round mags the only California "extra" you are being punished with is the disconnect and lock(which is easily removed if you want). So that would be the differences.

You can also replace the whole sear assembly if you want for $30 to get rid of the California extras. The full size and compact sear blocks are interchangeable.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The internal lock is not a CA requirement although it is among the approved models.

M&P 40 (Mag Safety) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 4.25" .40 S&W

M&P 40 (Mag. Safety, Internal Lock) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 4.25" .40 S&W

M&P 40c (Mag. Safety) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 3.5" .40 S&W

M&P 45 (Mag Safety & Thumb Safety) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 4.5" .45 ACP

M&P 45 (Mag. Safety) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 4.5" .45 ACP

M&P 9 (Mag Safety) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 4.25" 9mm

M&P 9 (Mag. Safety, Internal Lock) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 4.25" 9mm

M&P 9C (Mag Safety) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 3.50" 9mm

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts