MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the difference between hst 165 gr and 155 jhp tactical. what is also the difference between bonded hst(tactical) and regular hst. what does bonded due to ammo? any major differences.between golden saber and bonded golden saber?

am curious???

·
Registered
77 Posts
what I have heard is bonded they use some flux so the lead bonds to the jacket to prevent core separation.

golden sabers tend to suffer core separation but its not always a bad thing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
golddots when pushed to fast will shred otherwise they are pretty good.

ranges are pretty good though 147gr 9mm I have seen in test data doesnt open much.

golddots are thick plated could also say bonded

·
Registered
514 Posts
So would either HST (bonded vs non-bonded) be a great round? Besides ammunitiontogo.com, who has them cheaper?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
There is only one HST and it is not bonded. It is a good performer.

I tend to go by Dr. Gary Roberts tests as he is a hard man to please. He has found that the Ranger T-Series 147gr expands very well. IIRC, the only Ranger T-series load that he was not impressed with was the .357 Sig load. FWIW, he recommends the Gold Dot in .357 Sig.

Gold Dots are bonded and they generally do well. Dr. Roberts does not recommend the 200gr +p Gold Dot however.

Here are his recommended loads: http://www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-bin/tact...c;f=78;t=000964

1 - 6 of 6 Posts