MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all set to get a S&W factory tritium front and a Warren tactical rear for my .40c till I looked at the 10-8 rear and the Trijicon tritium front in the M&P store.

The 10-8 says that it is the same height as the original factory rear. Is the Warren rear a different height than factory? Anyone have any observations as to the difference between these two rear sights? Same with the S&W front vs the Trijicon front? I can get the 10-8 and the Trijicon from the M&P store here for about $11 less than getting the S&W and Warren from Speed Shooters.

I can't see the fronts having much difference except maybe a difference in brightness. Maybe the S&W factory tritium may fit into the slide better, I don't know. The rear height issue could be important though. My gun seems to be pretty accurated with the sights that are on it. If the Warren is a different it will affect point of impact vs point of aim. Thanks in advance for any help / advice given.

Shabo

·
Registered
495 Posts
The Warren sight also is a direct replacement for the rear sight, like the 10-8 sight it works with the stock height front sight. The factory NS and trijicon front sight are the same thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I may be wrong - but I'm pretty darned sure that the S&W factory tritium front sight is made by Trijicon. Smith surely didn't make it. The fact that it has a painted white outline and not a plastic one makes me think it's Trijicon.

Also, it's my observation that you should be able to do one-hand jam clearance using the lip of the 10-8 sight whereas the Warren doesn't have that if it matters to you. Also, the 10-8 uses serrations on the face of the rear sight to reduce glare whereas the Warren is slightly angled backwards to achieve the same. I haven't liked the serrated type rears I have used in the past so I chose the Warrens.

Adam

·
Registered
33 Posts
I run a 10-8 rear and DP FO front and couldn't be happier. The sight picture is great and the POI didn't change from the stock sights. They both are of good quality, and not very expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts