MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all set to get a S&W factory tritium front and a Warren tactical rear for my .40c till I looked at the 10-8 rear and the Trijicon tritium front in the M&P store.

The 10-8 says that it is the same height as the original factory rear. Is the Warren rear a different height than factory? Anyone have any observations as to the difference between these two rear sights? Same with the S&W front vs the Trijicon front? I can get the 10-8 and the Trijicon from the M&P store here for about $11 less than getting the S&W and Warren from Speed Shooters.

I can't see the fronts having much difference except maybe a difference in brightness. Maybe the S&W factory tritium may fit into the slide better, I don't know. The rear height issue could be important though. My gun seems to be pretty accurated with the sights that are on it. If the Warren is a different it will affect point of impact vs point of aim. Thanks in advance for any help / advice given.

Shabo

·
Registered
485 Posts
The Warren sight also is a direct replacement for the rear sight, like the 10-8 sight it works with the stock height front sight. The factory NS and trijicon front sight are the same thing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I may be wrong - but I'm pretty darned sure that the S&W factory tritium front sight is made by Trijicon. Smith surely didn't make it. The fact that it has a painted white outline and not a plastic one makes me think it's Trijicon.

Also, it's my observation that you should be able to do one-hand jam clearance using the lip of the 10-8 sight whereas the Warren doesn't have that if it matters to you. Also, the 10-8 uses serrations on the face of the rear sight to reduce glare whereas the Warren is slightly angled backwards to achieve the same. I haven't liked the serrated type rears I have used in the past so I chose the Warrens.

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.