MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
That guy better hope that he doesn't get charged as he has said too much already. It scores one for self defense no doubt and the publicity he rendered spreads the word to the bad guys (if they can read) that people will not stand there and be victims but he shouldn't have said so much before he is cleared by the D.A. in writing since we live in such a liberal world anymore.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is unfortunate.

Unfortunate that BG #2 made it out the door.

Now society will have to pay for his legal defense.

Not only that, but I bet we get stuck with his

medical bills also.

Would have been a lot more cost effective to send #2 to the morgue also.

I will have to give the store owner this, some of these incidents end

up with the BG and shop keeper firing and not striking their target.

This guy has got a pretty good record going!

·
Registered
139 Posts
IAShooter said:
This is unfortunate.

Unfortunate that BG #2 made it out the door.

Now society will have to pay for his legal defense.

Not only that, but I bet we get stuck with his

medical bills also.

Would have been a lot more cost effective to send #2 to the morgue also.

I will have to give the store owner this, some of these incidents end

up with the BG and shop keeper firing and not striking their target.

This guy has got a pretty good record going!

You're right about that we will get stuck. I wish they would change laws like that. If someone can't afford an attorney. Tough, they just won't get one. They don't have insurance send them the bill. If it doesn't get paid turn it over to the bill collectors. Laws in this country need to change we need to stop giving help to people won't help themselves. Theres a difference between can't and won't.

·
Registered
378 Posts
[quote name='"jackal99"][quote=IAShooter] If someone can't afford an attorney. Tough' date=' they just won't get one. [/quote']

Well, that is easy to say - until 1 day U might need an attorney and U don't have the thousands to pay for one. Around here, it is $2-$5k just to get a lawyer to even take the case. Then, the amount goes up from there.

I'm in court all the time because of my job. Most of the time, the lawyers are just go betweens to the DA, for felony cases. Most end up taking a plea.

F

·
0 Posts
Good shooting

Very good shooting
someone has to step up and defend what they have. :wink: People work hard for their families and along comes a bunch of thugs who rob people.
It's no great loss that one is gone tobad it was not both of the thugs. :roll:

·
Registered
154 Posts
what?

If someone can't afford an attorney. Tough, they just won't get one.

really?

I don't see how we can support the 2nd amendment but completely ignore the 6th:

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Give me one good reason that we should have to pay for it. Because thats the way it is doesn't cut it. If they wouldn't have committed the crimes they wouldn't have to worry about getting a counsel for defense now would they?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
So nobody has ever been wrongfully accused of a crime???

That is why we are innocent until proven guilty. Although, many need counsel to prove that they are indeed innocent.

·
Registered
73 Posts
jackal99 said:
Give me one good reason that we should have to pay for it. Because thats the way it is doesn't cut it. If they wouldn't have committed the crimes they wouldn't have to worry about getting a counsel for defense now would they?

Be careful now jackal! While I agree with you in spirit I have seen similar logic used by the gun control bunch i.e. "if people did not own handguns there would be no handguns for the bad guys to steal"

People get court appointed counsel for the same reason we enjoy the right to own guns.

Now if you want to propose a state by state bill that holds them retroactively responsible for legal council fees if they are found guilty.......I'm with you all the way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
jackal99 said:
... If someone can't afford an attorney. Tough, they just won't get one.

I completely understand where youre coming from, but you need to be very careful what you wish for. The Constitution was established with the Bill of Rights for a reason. Given the BS legal system we have, there is absolutely NO way in hell anyaone without a lawyer could have an adequate defense. Heck, I would not be surprised to find that people using the court appointed attorneys still dont get an adequate defense. EVERYONE is entitled to defend their actions in court, be they Bill Gates or some poor schmuck who can barely feed his family. I certainly would not like to see some paycheck to paycheck family man go to jail because he couldnt properly defend himself in a court of law from a politically motivated DA... You know the kind of DA who will shop 5-6 grand juries until he gets an indictment against some poor guy who shot a burglar in his home, or a CHL holder who happens to stop a robbery... Its not like it hasnt happend before, nor will it stop.

As for the Shop owner in question, good on him that he was able to protect his family from POS scumbags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts