MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK how do you take this thing apart? I read the manual and it seems fairly straight forward (but nowhere near as easy as Beretta, Sig or Steyr!)

I’m trying to remove the ‘frame key’ but I can’t get it to turn. What am I doing wrong? Is it just really stiff because the gun is new? I don’t want to break anything… :?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
plyers and a towel. wrap it around the key and twist a quarter of a turn and pull outward slowly. they are very stiff, mine would turn for nothing either, once you get it loose and pop it back in it gets easier. mine comes out with just my fingers now.

good luck

·
Registered
471 Posts
Gray_Wolf, try this thread for the Frame Tool removal, http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2728 .

Other than this, the break down is pretty easy, or should be.

1. Drop the mag.

2. Lock the slide back

3. Lower the sear deactivation lever. You can use the frame tool for this, but I just use my finger nail.

4, Rotate the take down lever clockwise (down) and hold it there.

5. Pull the slide slightly back to release the slide lock.

6. Let the slide come forward (while holding on to it) and off of the pistol grip.

Should work very easy.

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
OK how do you take this thing apart? I read the manual and it seems fairly straight forward (but nowhere near as easy as Beretta, Sig or Steyr!)

I’m trying to remove the ‘frame key’ but I can’t get it to turn. What am I doing wrong? Is it just really stiff because the gun is new? I don’t want to break anything… :?

Woops....lol, thought you where reffering to the tool removal....lol

Rons description works, if you dont mind firing it, rack the slide back, slide the lever down,release your slide, pull the trigger and it will slide right off. But its smarter to do it rons way!!

If you have further problems, go to youtube.com there are a few clips on how to do it.

Its fairly easy once you do it once!!!

Good luck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I actually just lock the slide back and flip the tab down with my right hand pinkie nail, then flip the release down and hold it there with my left hand while I pull the slide back with my right hand to disengage the slide lock and slide it off of the frame

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just took mine all the way down for the first time just now. Had some trouble getting that rear key out. What I did was turned it 90deg. clockwise and I had some trouble getting it out so I put it against the edge of my desk and gave the pistol a small bump down with my hand (on the magwell/grip) and it popped right out. I imagine it will loosen up a little over time, but I would be real afraid taking any sort of pliers to it but thats just me (Im always breakin stuff) haha.

·
Registered
207 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
All the way down like this?

Yessir. Snapped a pic with my 20D but I left my transfer cable at my apartment (visiting my mom for the weekend)

edit-

really helped having detail stripped my Glocks countless amounts of times

·
Registered
207 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
No guide.

At that time I was a current Glock owner.

Now I'm a former Glock owner.

I have problems getting rid of old pistols.... Though I think I am going to trade something in on the MP.45..... I cannot even remember all the pistols I have in my safe... A few Sig 229's, 239, 232SL, 220ST, two FN Five Sevens, Glock 17, 20, 32...... just off the top of my head.

If anything were to go , I would probably go with the Sig 232SL and the G19

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so the rails don't come out of the frame? with my Seayr it took 5 seconds to lift the metal sub frame out of the (plastic) frame... :?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts