MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just last night I decided to take out my mag disconnect & after reading some posts I just took out the sear disconnect also, things are better now. But it got me thinking, I've seen pics of the M&P's with no factory mag disconnect & they have that cheesy warning on them. If all of the M&P's without the disconnect are marked like that I'm glad I got one with the disconnect & took it out myself. I originally wanted to wait & find one without it, but I couldn't pass up on the Bud's Gun Shop $369 M&P's, now I'm glad I did.

Have any of you bought one with the disconnect & took it out so you wouldn't have the warning??

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I ordered mine without the mag disconnect and without the lock. I was surprised when it arrived with no warning. I have only seen a few full size models like this.

I would not disassemble the M&P without using the sear disconnect. This may be linked to broken strikers. I am gathering evidence right now to come to a conclusion on this. Every person, except one, that had a striker break has disassembled not using the sear disconnect.

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1933

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YukonGlocker said:
I ordered mine without the mag disconnect and without the lock. I was surprised when it arrived with no warning. I have only seen a few full size models like this.

I would not disassemble the M&P without using the sear disconnect. This may be linked to broken strikers. I am gathering evidence right now to come to a conclusion on this. Every person, except one, that had a striker break has disassembled not using the sear disconnect.

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1933

I just read the other thread & I think I'll put the sear dis-con back to be on the safe side, & use the spring method to disable the mag dis-con. Thanks for the info. :wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Both of my M&P.40's - full size & compact - came without either the mag or ILS safety and YES it does have the "warning".

E

·
0 Posts
scoutdog said:
Just last night I decided to take out my mag disconnect & after reading some posts I just took out the sear disconnect also, things are better now. But it got me thinking, I've seen pics of the M&P's with no factory mag disconnect & they have that cheesy warning on them. If all of the M&P's without the disconnect are marked like that I'm glad I got one with the disconnect & took it out myself. I originally wanted to wait & find one without it, but I couldn't pass up on the Bud's Gun Shop $369 M&P's, now I'm glad I did.

Have any of you bought one with the disconnect & took it out so you wouldn't have the warning??

Well if you shoot someone in self-defense, you're going to have a real hard time with the prosecutor who is telling the jury that you removed a safety feature from your gun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eddo36 said:
[quote name='scoutdog']Just last night I decided to take out my mag disconnect & after reading some posts I just took out the sear disconnect also, things are better now. But it got me thinking, I've seen pics of the M&P's with no factory mag disconnect & they have that cheesy warning on them. If all of the M&P's without the disconnect are marked like that I'm glad I got one with the disconnect & took it out myself. I originally wanted to wait & find one without it, but I couldn't pass up on the Bud's Gun Shop $369 M&P's, now I'm glad I did.

Well if you shoot someone in self-defense, you're going to have a real hard time with the prosecutor who is telling the jury that you removed a safety feature from your gun.[/quote]

Well first of all I did put the sear dis-con back due to the info that "YukonGlocker" gave me above about possible striker damage.

As for the mag dis-con (or the sear for that matter) it would have nothing to do with the gun being unsafe in a self-defense situation. Not to mention that if it was a court situation the M&P is sold without that "Safety" feature, & many, many other guns don't have them. I've heard a lot about people saying "don't modify your gun incase you have to use it, & it goes to court", well I really don't think that hold much water unless maybe you truly make the gun unsafe & accidentally shoot someone.

E

·
0 Posts
All it matters is how it sounds to the jury. A prosecutor will try to get you to look bad to them.

Well, as an internal lock example- It's better to buy the gun without internal lock, rather than buying an internal lock version and then taking it off. That way you don't remove any safety features, since it already didn't have one. It will sound better to the jury.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts