MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currious as to how different the magazine dimensions are, ie is the xd mag taller, wider etc.

I am not looking for a "versus" debate, just a description or if you're able some pictures. :roll:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont own either yet but I compared them when I went to look at the MP45. The slides are the same height but the XD slide is wider and can therefore fit more rounds.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used to have a 45 tac. It really felt good in the hand and they were able to keep the grip easy on the hand plus put 13 rounds packed in there. 8)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't have an XD-45 but my buddy had one and I really like it.. But he had a problem with a FTF issue.. It turned out to be the ammo.. For some reason his XD didn't like WWB ammo.. He switched to UMC and it will eat it all day long.. BUT, if the M&P45 functions like my M&P40, then it will eat anything.. And it is a very hungry pistol..
But I have to wait until next year to get another gun.. Atleast according to my financial advisor (the wife).. LOL

Ben

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you kindly sir. It doesn't look to be much difference in width, though the xd mag is a bit longer and tappers in over a longer span. It also looks like Springfield likes to compress their magsprings a bit more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts