MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive wondered do "gangsters" and such shoot people with hollow points? do they shoot people with ammo they buy at kmart walmart?.. what do they use?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I would have to guess they would use whatever was in it when they stole it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've heard about some guns being found on the streets after shootings didn't even have the correct caliber ammo loaded into them.

Dennis

·
Registered
269 Posts
uhm, I've seen that happen at an IDPA match....

but the guy has a couple of really nice Para's,, one in .45 and 1 in 9mm. The mags are pretty much interchangable so he has taken the .45 para and put a 9mm mag in it, dropped the slide and the entire round falls out the front of the barrel.....

·
Registered
937 Posts
I figure they use whatever they can find or get from their buddies in crime. You have to figure they're expendible guns, as they ditch them after the crime, so why worry about what kind of ammo you put in them. FMJ will kill as well as HP's when you simply hose down your target area with little regard for sighting. I should say, HP's won't kill any better than FMJ when you hose your target with your gun sideways. Yo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
machgt said:
uhm, I've seen that happen at an IDPA match....

but the guy has a couple of really nice Para's,, one in .45 and 1 in 9mm. The mags are pretty much interchangable so he has taken the .45 para and put a 9mm mag in it, dropped the slide and the entire round falls out the front of the barrel.....

Pretty scarey. Nothing like paying attention to what your doing with your weapon in hand. I wouldn't get too close to the guy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
I would have to guess they would use whatever was in it when they stole it.

exactly...

I have actually seen, from the TV, a lot of gangsta's carrying .22 revolvers. They just tuck it away in the old crotch region.

gotta wonder if they clean or maintain the guns too?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
When I brought my firearms up to work and 3 out of 4 people had a rough childhood saw my hp hydrashocks and were amazed Wow how did you get those "bullets" and I would hate to break in to your house.. But they fail to realize I have a couple dogs which would probably make it so I dont even shoot but hey I would aim in their general direction just in case :wink:

It was kind of funny they acted like I won them in a lottery or something so my guess wwwb or blazer brass

·
Registered
157 Posts
The guns I've recovered have had various ammunition in them.

Usually ball ammo. Usually the brass is pretty tarnished.

Some of them have had mixed magazines of ball and hollowpoints.

Turds usually purchase whatever is cheapest if they purchase at all. I would guess most of the ammo is whatever was in the gun when it was stolen then re sold.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Criminals and honest people use guns for different reasons. We shoot to stop, when they shoot, the goal is generally to kill. Most of the people that criminals victimize are not armed and/or shot without warning, therefore "stopping power" is pretty irrelevant. You can kill someone just as easily with a FMJ as you can with a JHP, you just can't normally expect as much "stopping power" from a FMJ.

The huge majority of guns I have recovered were loaded with FMJ or a mix of FMJ and JHP. Often the magazine was not loaded to full capacity, and I have yet to recover a reload off of a criminal. They are also usually cheap guns in poor condition. The exception to that rule, is of course, stolen guns. They are often in better shape (if recently stolen) and loaded to capacity with JHP ammo.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am working in a Detroit ER Radiology right now and would say almost everything is FMJ. They call it here a "Congenital Detroit Birthmark" since you see so many people that have bullets in them that were never recovered. Usually all 9mm but do see some truncated cone 40 S&W from what I can tell (might be 45). I have not seen that much bullet fragments from JHP but I do see a lot of buck and bird shot!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I think about it this way.Every BG has the best ammo and wll kill me with it it I let him. Its true you should have a warrior mind set and be aware of whats around at all times. My two cents

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Maybe this is a different thread but we do know more about criminals choice of caliber, or at least the calibers used in the murder of LEOs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts