MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a survey. I'll be carrying it in a sneakpete holster that looks like a cell phone case. So would you go with the 8 round for better grip meaning I can get 3 fingers on it. Thoughts please.

·
Site Staff
9,600 Posts
I carry the 7 round in the gun and the 8 round in reserve.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be using a sneaky pete holster that looks like a cell phone case. I thought using the 8 round would be better since I can get all 3 fingers on the grip. Thoughts please.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Seven round mag in the gun, two eight round reloads when I carry the Shield.

If you're getting a SP; I recommend you get it for carry with seven round mags. It'll have to be made wider to hold the pistol with an eight round mag on board.

I have a SP for a CM9; and it's large enough even made for the flush fitting mag. I wouldn't want it to be any wider.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Since the height of the gun with the long mag is only about 3/8 of an inch longer than it is with the short magazine...will that 3/8 of an inch really make much of a difference on your belt?... I doubt it. You say you get a better grip on the long magazine...then I'd carry the long magazine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I carry the 8 rounder in my Shield and will also be doing the +1 mod. I carry in my Kydex Jel Tech holster at 4 o clock! In my Ruger I have 17 +1 a bit heavier And I carry that at 4 o clock ion another Jel Tech holster .. IMO the printing is no difference between the 7 or 8, But I do have a big butt lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
Since the height of the gun with the long mag is only about 3/8 of an inch longer than it is with the short magazine...will that 3/8 of an inch really make much of a difference on your belt?... I doubt it. You say you get a better grip on the long magazine...then I'd carry the long magazine.

I do not see a difference with the 7 or 8 rounder! So I stay with the 8.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well guys I carry in my coat pocket when it's cold and I use the 7 round mag. When it's too warm for a coat I will use the sneakypete holster with the 8 round mag. So I just ordered the 8 round Sneaky Pete.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts