MP-Pistol Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay Dad, how do you get a 10 round mag for a Shield? I have just installed the MagGuts conversion and now I carry 9+1 but didn't know anyone made a 10 round mag or conversion kit. Are you carrying a Shield or a Compact?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Shield. Hate to use the dreaded "P" word in here.....

.......psssst......"Promag":)

....yea, it gets a little long.

We love em. I DID have to gently sand the spacers just a touch to get them to lock in gently but thier performance has been perfect. I also admit to a disassembly/cleaning/full oiling before use.

Thats what I carry, I will also admit that when SHE carries she prefers the 8 because the 10 will print on her.

Going to go the MagGuts route with the 8 like you did ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use the 7 in the gun and 8 for spare . With a small gun all my finger dont need to be around the grip thats the trade off for compact.

·
Registered
33 Posts
8+1 and carry a spare 8.
I found a small single stack nylon mag pouch at Cabelas, used a small black tie wrap to shorten it without cutting it. Use it for the spare 8.
If I could find a small double pouch I would carry 8+1 and two spare 8's. That would be 25 rds total ( 1/2 a box ). More important to me now due to recent events and since I carry at church.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a SP and it will hold my shield 9mm with LaserMax and 8 round Mag.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use the 7 when I carry it...don't want a lot of protrusion.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The eight round magazine with the grip extension carried in a DeSantis Mini Scabbard belt holster. Works great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Depends on what I'm wearing.

With a t-shirt, usually 7+1 in the Mini Scabbard. Sometimes I'll pocket carry 8+1 in cargo shorts. If it's colder outside, 8+1 OWB under heavier cover garment. Spare 8 rounder in pocket regardless.

·
Registered
209 Posts
7+1 , I also have a Promag 10 rounder and it's worked flawlessly. I have a horizontal mag pouch and carry it occasionally as my 2nd mag, I've put well over 200 rounds through it with no problems at all, but I usually carry 2 8's in a small double mag pouch I have.
8+10 vs 8 +8+8 ? 24 is better than 18 :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
9+1 with 2- 9 round mags.... Taylor Freelance +1 base plates and Corsco followers.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts