MP-Pistol Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Carry 9+1 with spare 11 rounds.

I use the 7 rounder with + 2 Maggut base and spring
The 11 round is Maggut spring and Hyve base.

Cheers

Philip

Luck 22:36

·
Registered
181 Posts
I use the (8) Rd capacity magazines which allows the (3) three finger grasp as opposed to the (2) finger grasp along with the little finger underneath the magazine floor plate. I believe the (8) round magazine replicates the grasping/hold area of the M39 which also had a (8) round capacity.

I see no advantage to the (7) round capacity magazine for concealed carry. My physical condition is not so depleted that the (7) round capacity would be of advantage in concealed carry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Flush 7-rounder with Magguts spring, so 9 in the pistol. 8-rounder with Magguts spring , so another 9 rounds extra on me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This -

I use the (8) Rd capacity magazines which allows the (3) three finger grasp as opposed to the (2) finger grasp along with the little finger underneath the magazine floor plate. ...

snipped the rest

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will use the magazine that is flush mount with the grip handle. My pinky does not need to grip the handle. Since I carry this Mod 1 pistol in a holster OWB it prints less with a flush mount magazine. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't like the feel of the 8 rd mag so I carry a 7 rd mag with a Pearce pinky extension. The 8 rd mag is my reload.
I super glued the sleeve for the eight round mag and solved the sliding problem.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
7 round, 8 round goes in the pocket. 2- 8 rounders in the boat bag if I head out on the water.

But, the 7 round mag is always carried. Prints less.

·
Registered
25 Posts
7 round in the pistol carried IWB in Concealment Express holster with the 8 round in my pocket or a mag carrier. The 8 round makes the grip as long as a Glock 19. May as well carry it then. The 8 rounders are great at the range.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Somewhat recently picked up the 2.0 and carry AIWB with the 7 round magazine. My first M&P; I am absolutely loving this setup :p

I'm currently entertaining the idea of getting a Hyve +2 for the 8 round mag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
7 rounders only ever in the gun and in the mag pouch for carry. I have my 8 rounders spacers taped with Talon grip tape but they only see range use. As much as I love the shield the spacer design in my mind a horrible.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Somewhat recently picked up the 2.0 and carry AIWB with the 7 round magazine. My first M&P; I am absolutely loving this setup :p

I'm currently entertaining the idea of getting a Hyve +2 for the 8 round mag.
Do it. Or the Taran Tactical. Either works.

21 rounds ain’t bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well guys I carry in my coat pocket when it's cold and I use the 7 round mag. When it's too warm for a coat I will use the sneakypete holster with the 8 round mag. So I just ordered the 8 round Sneaky Pete.
ALWAYS carry with an 8 round mag & another 8 round backup...both with JHP ammo. Can’t assume there will always be just 1 bad guy. (Didn’t you buy the Shield for personal protection?) Sell or trade the worthless 7 rounders then practice with & rotate mags with FMJ & JHP’s. I have had for 5 years, a black SneakyPete holster & affixed to it a white(great contrast) Apple logo label that came with a mini iPad. Clear nail polish around just the periphery of logo works well. “What’s in the black case?” I reply: “It’s just my mini iPad.” No more questions! Of course, LEO’s & other CCW’s KNOW what it is & know not to ask. My Shield 1.0 w/CT attached laser fits well in it. For CCW, I have & recommend a black leather, DeSantis Mini-scabbard OWB holster. Hope this helps.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts