MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some of my Gen 1 mags and found one with a bump. Do yours have this and was this a revision of the mags?

Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Audio equipment

·
Registered
300 Posts
Interesting. Not one of my Gen1 mags has that bump. How does the overall width at that point compare to the ones without the bump?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of my four mags, they measure about 0.484 inches without the bump and 0.518 with it. It clearly widens the mag at that point and holds it to the left a small amount and eliminates some wiggle. It does align the round to be fed more closely to the center of the feed ramp!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Of my four mags, they measure about 0.484 inches without the bump and 0.518 with it. It clearly widens the mag at that point and holds it to the left a small amount and eliminates some wiggle. It does align the round to be fed more closely to the center of the feed ramp!
That's what I was wondering. Makes sense. Sounds like an improvement. I'll be taking notice now when I'm looking for mags.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will M&P mags work in Shield?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will M&P mags work in Shield?
I don't want to put to fine a point on this but a Shield is an M&P. I am guess you are asking if a larger mags will work in the Shield. No, the Shield mags only work in the Shield. The larger fulldsized and compact won't go in the Shield.
The Shield is a great little pistol and I recommend it for concealed carry. I have not handled the new Shield Plus but I am sure I would like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am sure you would like the Shield Plus. I have one and I love it! Really nice handling gun, especially with the 13 round mag in it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have few Shields in the family and maybe twenty mags between them.
None have a bump on them.
That is interesting.
I have put MagGuts +2 in a couple of my mags. They work just fine. After hundreds of loadings they have always been 100%.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts