MP-Pistol Forum banner

Does anyone Appendix carry a full sized M&P?

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  UPSguy 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if the grip is too long and makes keeping it concealed under a t-shirt or Polo shirt an issue.

#7 ·
Yes it's possible. For a small person like my self, the sights may poke thorugh the shirt a little when carrying around the 4 o'clock position. Your arm tends to block that a bit though. I prefer a holster with a 15 degree forward cant (FBI cant) but if you want to wear it a 11 o'clock, I suggest you get one without the FBI cant. A straight drop holster will work for appendix carry but a full size will bother you when you bend over to tie your shoes or something.

#8 ·
crazypilot said:
Yes it's possible. For a small person like my self, the sights may poke thorugh the shirt a little when carrying around the 4 o'clock position. Your arm tends to block that a bit though. I prefer a holster with a 15 degree forward cant (FBI cant) but if you want to wear it a 11 o'clock, I suggest you get one without the FBI cant. A straight drop holster will work for appendix carry but a full size will bother you when you bend over to tie your shoes or something.

Well maybe and straight drop holster will work best for me at 3-4 o'clock and 9-10 o'clock. I just like to be able to change the position if necessary.

#9 ·
You're absolutely right. If you plan on appendix carrying, go with the straight drop. I was mentioning the FBI cant because it makes it a little easier to draw when carrying between 3 & 6 or 9 & 6 o'clock. I've also been thinking about purchasing a straight drop holster. Let me know how it works out for you.

#10 ·
Well the best of both worlds would be a holster that has a changable cant...FBI for strong side and a reverse cant for crossdraw. I see Comp-Tac makes one (the Settable Cant), but I would like to find a IWB holster that does that. Any ideas from anybody?

#11 ·
readyme said:
Well the best of both worlds would be a holster that has a changable cant...FBI for strong side and a reverse cant for crossdraw. I see Comp-Tac makes one (the Settable Cant), but I would like to find a IWB holster that does that. Any ideas from anybody?

The Garrity Changeling fits the bill. I have one on order for a Glock 19 but currently there is a 4 month wait.

This holster allows you to set the muzzle backward/forward cant from 25 degrees. This will work well for me because sometimes I need to be able to carry at 4:30/5:00 when I can't do my normal appendix carry.

The Changeling is the third holster down in the link below.

http://garritysgunleather.com/IWBHolsters.htm

#12 ·
readyme said:
They also make an IWB holster with multiple position adjustments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.