MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I can't get my takedown lever back in my gun. There's no way to find out this information on Google because all the results are pointing to the original compact. I called S&W and they said the 2.0 compact does have a retaining wire and that they would send me one. I just can't believe how I could've lost the wire since my gun is brand new and I've only disassembled it in one spot. I've searched the room I can't find the retaining wire. I'll admit I'm a noob but it doesn't make sense and I'm trying to get an understanding here, my takedown lever won't go into the locking block because the takedown lever has a protruding ring on the side with the actual lever. The takedown lever stops at that protruding ring. How the heck is a retaining wire going to make it go in? If anyone could please clarify if this pistol even has a retaining pin that would be great.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I think I read somewhere that on the M2.0's the locking block has to out of the frame in order to take out/put in the take-down lever?

edited to add: I can't get my M2.0's take-down lever out like I can my M1.0's which come out easily.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I believe the M2.0 changes in the full size were implemented in the Compact as well. IF that is the case, then there is no retaining spring wire and the locking block has to be removed from the frame to liberate the take down lever.

Caution: Pseudo-science and / or amateur photos may be embedded in this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
mp9werks.....great picture. My 2020 9 2.0 locking block doesn't have the channel for this retaining spring wire like the block on the right. Mine looks like the block on the left and I do have take the block out to remove the take down lever.
Thanks! Any thoughts on the functionality of the gun without the seat activation lever in the gun?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts