MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought this new M&P40 in the SKU #220052 carry kit.

This particular pistol is the Law Enforcement model and has no internal lock and no magazine disconnect.

The take down lever is not hooked over to the right like the pictures I have seen of other M&Ps. It is pointing straight up instead. This is the way it came from the factory and I have had it to the range several times and never experienced any problem with it.

Here is a photo. The top pic is mine the bottom is from an example on the 'net:

I just wonder if it is correct because I'm hesitant to bend it to conform with the pictures of other M&Ps I've seen, or to leave well enough alone since it has not caused any problems.

Does anyone else have one that looks like this? If so, I'd feel better about it.

TIA

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
mine is more straight, little strange how it bows. but I dont think its anything to worry about? You might contact Mr. Dan Burwell though just to make sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
finalfusion said:
mine is more straight, little strange how it bows. but I dont think its anything to worry about? You might contact Mr. Dan Burwell though just to make sure.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm sorry - I'm a relative newbee on this forum so I don't know who Mr. Dan Burwell is. Will he possibly be along and read this posting?

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
You can go to Burwellgunsmithing.com to ask any other questions. But jtaliani answered this post quite nicely!

RonJon said:
[quote name='finalfusion']mine is more straight, little strange how it bows. but I dont think its anything to worry about? You might contact Mr. Dan Burwell though just to make sure.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm sorry - I'm a relative newbee on this forum so I don't know who Mr. Dan Burwell is. Will he possibly be along and read this posting?

Ron
[/quote]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jtaliani said:
The bent one you have seen is the original lever. In the course of the revisions it was changed to the straight lever.

Thank you jtaliani!

You have made me feel much better!

Ron

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morgan Walker said:
RonJon, hope you feel better than you look in your avator...
J/K

If you can make it out, it is a face made up of a man's chest.

I saw it in a magazine ad a few years ago and thought it would make a perfect 'faceless, anonymous' avatar. So I scanned it and use it on all the boards I post on.

Ron

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Chesty Face

That is a cool face. But it like it might be hard to drink unless you use a straw.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Holly crap....lol I didnt notice that until you blew it up....lmao...crazy!!!

RonJon said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker']RonJon, hope you feel better than you look in your avator...
J/K

If you can make it out, it is a face made up of a man's chest.

I saw it in a magazine ad a few years ago and thought it would make a perfect 'faceless, anonymous' avatar. So I scanned it and use it on all the boards I post on.

Ron
[/quote]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts