• Yes (bought it that way)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mines does. Does yours? And question on cleaning, when you clean your gun, do you avoid the night sites, or is it okay to brush over them?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought the what I think is being marketed as the "pistol pack" - the weapon with the standard sights comes with 3 mags, a Blade-Tech holster & double mag carrier, but I plan on having a set of night sights installed here in the near future.

·
Registered
708 Posts
pistol what?!!.. i bought mine for 600 after all shipping and fees with nightsights..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Both of mine have gold dot front sights. Personally, I don't like night sights.

If you've ever looked at someone who's using night sights through NVGs, you'll know why. It's as if they have their own personal flood light shining in their face! For 99.9% of the shooting population, that will never be an issue. I don't ever expect to be in that kind of situation since I'm no longer LEO, but my dislike of them remains.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Understood. However the problem I was speaking of doesn't relate to side light "bleed" resulting from flush mounted tubes. The light I was referring to is typically reflected directly off the face or clothing of a combatant from the 'shooter' end of the trit. tubes.

Please understand, this isn't a major issue and most will never see it. I am no longer working in a field where it would be a significant concern to me, but memories remain. I choose not to use them, but obviously countless thousands love them. They certainly have value and my comments were not intended to be "painted with a wide brush".

Some of the world's top name instructors and pistolsmiths (a few of which are close of friends of mine) wouldn't think of owning a pistol without night sights. I've owned weapons in the past that had them, and wouldn't reject a perfectly acceptable weapon just because it has them.

I see now that I missed half of your original question... As far as cleaning goes, I've never had a problem of any kind with cleaning solvents coming into contact with the tubes. While I wouldn't want to soak a night sight in solvent overnight, I wouldn't worry at all about scrubbing one with a patch soaked in most solvents. I typically use Shooter's Choice and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
708 Posts
first off, have you seen the M&P's nightsights? they are dim enough that only the shooter can see. a person from the side cannot see them as they are slightly deep into the sights its not like a big glow stick. what kind of attacker would be wearing night vision?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
he is talking about you, the pistoleer, if you have NVG on you will be blinded by your own sights.

and ontop of that, if you have them and your opponent has NVG's your face will be litup like a christmas tree.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if your opponent have NVG's, what would it matter if you have night sights or not? He would already have that extreme advantage. And your best chance to combat him is to use your night sights to aim properly in the dark. And maybe use a flashlight and blind him.

IMO

·
Registered
59 Posts
Night Sights

I am afraid of the night. There migt be mean people out there that want to hurt me. :roll:

·
Registered
63 Posts
My first M&P (an M&P9) came with standard sights, but as soon as I realized that it was cost-prohibitive to add them. I prefer to have night sights installed onto most of my handguns. The three subsequent M&Ps (two more M&P9s and one M&P9c) that I bought were configurations that included factory-installed night sights.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am waiting for the TFO's for the M&P... I wanted night sights from the factory but my dealer told me that they weren't being shipped on the compact. (Feb 22nd 2007) I'm glad I waited because I didn't know about the TFO's at the time. I think they are hot.

I am not worried about NVG's, I have 12,000 candlepower in the left hand that should take care of that. :twisted:

lunde, sounds like you should sponsor my "will work for ammo" campaign. Except for I won't really work, just need ammo. 3 full size of the same caliber????

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put XS Big Dots on both full size (.40 and 9mm) and my MP9C. I also have these on my Glocks. This way all my guns have the same sight picture.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think I'm over the whole "Night Sight" craze. I'm going to try just a Hi-Vis front sight and black out the white dots on the rear. In dusk shootings with my air rifle, the fiber optic front was still clearly visible.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've never used night sights, and don't ever plan on it. I am having a red fiber optic front sight put on my 9c right now. Will probably go with a Warren, Burwell, or blacked out factory rear - haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts