MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DollyWood, TN

Anyone know if they have metal detectors at the entrance?

Anyone know if they have a no-gun policy?

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Arizona. I might still have something in my pocket if they don't do the metal detector at entrance. I feel policy's like that just make it easier for a BG to have at it with no worries about anyone being able to stop them.

·
Registered
573 Posts
A "No Firearms" policy usually will send me off to a different business. Problem is, there is only one Dolly! I don't know if I would chance sneaking in a weapon because here in Arizona it would mean giving up my permit if caught.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Of all the time's i've been to Dollywood, I have never worried about my safety or seen any problems. I wouldn't risk carrying...too many rollercoasters, water rides, etc to take a chance on losing your gun.

IMO, you ought to just go, have a good time, and leave the gun in the car. Nothing to worry about in Dollywood.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't leave gun in the car. We will be on a motorcycle. They have lockers don't they??

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would double check that. If it is not properly placarded as not allowing the carry of licensed or unlicensed firearms then there may be a way around it. Not looking to break the law, but if a place said they did not allow firearms, but it was not properly designated then I would not have a problem carrying there as it would be absolutely legal.

For instance... My CCW instructor pointed out a mall that has a few entrances without a 30.06 sign.... Lets just say, these are the entrances he uses, and yes, they are public entrances.

·
Registered
215 Posts
ArmyCop said:
DollyWood, TN

At my CCW Class we were taught no guns allowed where admission was charged ie State Fair, Amusement Park etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hondov65 said:
[quote name='ArmyCop']DollyWood, TN

At my CCW Class we were taught no guns allowed where admission was charged ie State Fair, Amusement Park etc.[/quote]

Yea, but Dollywood is in Tennessee, not North Carolina, so different rules apply.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yea, Texas has very specific guidelines for what is called an "amusement park", and if it does meet those guidelines, then you can carry there.

If you can not carry where they charge you an entrance fee... I can easily see that being abused...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts