MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the Don Hume Agent 711 OT holster for my MP9. I have no experience with Don Hume's products. This is a holster that is closest to what I am familiar with, which is a Galco Concealable. How do these two holsters compare? Anyone have any experience with a Don Hume Agent 711 holster?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I don't have any experience with that particular holster. But I have owned several DH H721 OT holsters. They are excellent holsters for the money.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the DH Agent 711 OT. It took about 8 weeks to get it. The construction and coloring is very good. It is not as soft as some of the other holsters I have owned, but that is subjective. Unfortunately, I have my slide at Tripps for a chrome job so I cannot tell you if the whole gun fits the holster well, as I have never had them together. I should have my slide back next week and will post some pictures of everthing, (holster, gun in holster, double mag pouch) when I do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be great, moshooter, I'd love to see pics of the holster and gun together! I look forward to those pictures. I was also curious how that holster would be on the finish, but I guess that you won't be able to tell me!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I will try and post pics on Thursday provided the slide is back by then. Yeah, I expect the finish to hold up well, but that is the hard chrome, not the melonite.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got my slide back today. It looks really great, but I will post that in another thread. As for the holster fit, It is very very tight. I would not trust my life on a quick draw just yet. It needs a lot of breaking in. On the plus side, it fits the pistol like a glove. It has a sight channel as well, which is always nice to see. There is a cutout for the front of the trigger guard, which puzzles me.

As for the fit to the body, it hugs the body closely and rides well above the belt line. It still needs to be broken in, but I would definitely describe it as comfortable thus far. I have it unloaded at the moment and it does not pull away or move much

If asked if I would buy it again, I am not sure. My Aker holster fit my USP Compact much better right out of the gate and it had a retention screw, something the Don Hume lacks. It was also less expensive when I caught it on sale from a distributor.

I will post pictures tomorrow as the wife has the camera in the sleeping baby's room.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pictures Added!

Here are some pics of the set up. I put 150 rounds through the pistol today with the new finish. I had one FTE halfway through the session, so I do not suspect it had anything to do with the finish. It is pretty slick and appears very even and durable. Time will tell. Tripp even got the sights lined up perfectly!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That holster looks good, Mo. Could be just what I'm looking for. How has the break in process going? Has it loosened up some, and if so how are you doing it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wore the new holster for a good portion of the day. The pistol draws smoother, but I still get bits of leather on it upon inspection after the draw. I have a local IDPA match next Saturday, if things don't improve I will have to use my H&K with a kydex holster.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts