MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or else you'll be like me and wake up one morning with your wife telling you she's pregnant - again. Our daughter just turned 1yo last month. Lately my wife's been nervous because her period hasn't started so I asked her to get some tests. She took one this morning, and that sucker was clear as day positive.

I've been wanting another one, but it's a total shock to actually find out there's an extremely good chance we have another kid on the way. My wife isn't exactly wanting another one as she has a marathon in January, but oh well.

Oooh boy. As if paying $650/mo for 1 kid to go to daycare wasn't fun enough - paying double should be twice as fun, right?

This is really exciting, but at the same time I'm scared all over again. I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. Blah.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I hear you. We'd like to have our second child someday, but the thought of an additional $680 per month scares the &%^*% out of me!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats to you. My youngest of 4 just turned 16. His closest brother is 17. So...... been there, done that! The good news is, those two were like twins growing up; very close and supportive. Sort of a built-in play mate. Today they are totally different but still close.

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Congrats Josh, this just means you have another person to pick-up brass at the range soon... :wink:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
the good news is the daycares usually don't charge you full price for the second kid.

8)

Last night my oldest finally showed some usefullness she placed the bullets while I operated the handel on the press then she helped get the ammo into the boxes. Since I injured my finger I haven't been able to set the bullets, so she was a big help.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My woman is on the pill... quite thankfully. I don't know what I would do with a little me running around.

'Grats though!

·
Registered
259 Posts
congrats. as for me, after having my first at the age of 30 I got scared to have another and made the mistake of getting myself fixed and now regret it. kids are wonderful. love them with all you got.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I guess. :?

This is coming at a sort of bad time, but it's nothing we can't work through. My wife just started going back to school Monday after about a 3 year break. I was going to ask her to quit her job so she could focus totally on school, but now I guess I can ask her to quit so she can focus on school, and be a stay at home mom. And her marathon is going to get screwed up that she's had her heart set on. I'll be damned if my gun and waverunner purchases get affected, though.

Well... here's to hoping it's another girl so we can re-use all the girly pink outfits and stuff that we already have plenty of.

This means I'm going to have two kids before I'm 23. Five years ago if you asked me if I'd ever have kids the answer would be a big fat f___ no. Crazy how things change.

After this one the tubes are getting tied, or something is getting hacked/snipped/whatever.

·
Registered
308 Posts
josh said:
This is coming at a sort of bad time, but it's nothing we can't work through. My wife just started going back to school Monday after about a 3 year break. I was going to ask her to quit her job so she could focus totally on school, but now I guess I can ask her to quit so she can focus on school, and be a stay at home mom. And her marathon is going to get screwed up that she's had her heart set on.

Well... here's to hoping it's another girl so we can re-use all the girly pink outfits and stuff that we already have plenty of.

This means I'm going to have two kids before I'm 23. Five years ago if you asked me if I'd ever have kids the answer would be a big fat f___ no. Crazy how things change.

After this one the tubes are getting tied, or something is getting hacked/snipped/whatever.

Congrats on the new rug rat!! IMO, if you wait for the perfect time you will never have any. As for going back to school and quitting work, losing the daycare $$ should help with that. I speak from experience when I say that having the wife stay home to raise the kids is a huge advantage if you can afford it. I drove an older car for a few years while we adjusted to the loss in salary, but it will come back to you many times over. Also, +1 to what newskate said, mine are 2 years apart and you can rarely find one without the other. The good news for you having them young is that when they finish school and head out on their own, you are still young enough to go out and have fun, plus it's like hitting the jackpot for additional spending $$. My 2 are going to finish college when I turn 55 (3+ years), I will also be able to retire the same year. WOOHOO!!!

Good Luck Bro...and count your blessings!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Congrats!!! My friend was the lucky winner in the Trojan 99.999% effective sweepstakes, so I've seen the reaction. He said after the first one (the winner), the second is easy enough to get right. He and his wife think it's better that she's become a stay-at-home mom, as they have the say in how the kids develop, not to mention saving the big bucks. It's better if you can do it. If things are tight as it is, it's not as easy. A supportive family is the biggest help you can find.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Congrats bro.

Would like to have another anklebiter around but between my back and now possible surgery on my wrist my future isnt very clear right now..

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
Would like to have another anklebiter around but between my back and now possible surgery on my wrist my future isnt very clear right now..
Yeah, we just might have to put you down. :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is never a perfect time. But, the kids are great to have around. We've got 6 1/2 years between ours. BIG difference between a 9 and 3 year old and what they can/want to do.

There is something to be said for having kids closer together to get through the stages sooner - sleeping, diapers, etc.

10-4 on wrapping the tool, though.

-jcd

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']Would like to have another anklebiter around but between my back and now possible surgery on my wrist my future isnt very clear right now..
Yeah, we just might have to put you down. :wink:[/quote]

Chooch such hostility lately... thats o.k. just as long as the Army looks at me like the run down horse that needs to be LET GO :twisted:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts