Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From today's Houston Chronicle:

Homeowner, 77, shoots

would-be robber

05:34 PM CDT on Tuesday, April 3, 2007

By Nancy Holland / 11 News

Tuesday began with a noise in the side yard then moments later at the back door says Bob Manross.

Manross says he ended up facing a young man who had a gun and called him by name. “He had it like this. I could see the barrel round. He says ‘Bob, Give me all your money.’ and I said I’ll give it to you but please don’t shoot me.”

Manross supposedly went to get the cash.

He got a rifle instead he says. “I pointed the gun, I tried to hit him in the center, fired and hit him somewhere in the stomach and he went ‘oh!’ and then he run out.”

Jesus Gonzalez woke his older brother, Luis, three doors down. “He just told me he was shot and to call the ambulance.”

Luis Gonzalez says he didn’t know about the break in. “I don’t know what was going through my little brother’s mind. I don’t know. I don’t know what to tell you.”

Luis Gonzalez says his brother has been in trouble before.

Jesus Gonzales now will face robbery charges.

In the middle of the day Manross’ neighborhood seems like a quiet place where you wouldn’t necessarily expect this kind of thing to happen.

But neighbors say there have been lots of break ins they now hope will end.

Meanwhile police stopped to check on Bob Manross who hopes the celebrity from facing down a robber won’t make him a target.

Link: http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...g.2a08257d.html

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
marlin60 said:
Shot close range with a rifle, went 'oh' and lived. Must have been a .22

Did the trick

but yea, if that were my house and a robber let me go back to my room by myself, I would have emerged with my double barrel Coach Gun.... they would have been calling the morgue instead of an ambulance.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hmm... Left alone by (apparently inept) gun-toting robber to get my money.... I don't have any money, so I'll give him my gun instead. Ugly side first. :twisted: The only question is whether it'll be the SKS, M44 Mosin, the Remy HD Shotgun, or one of the two 40 cals...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts