MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone enlighten me as to what is meant by " double reset"? Ive seen references to their M&P trigger having the dreaded "double reset" but I havent been able to figure out what that means. Ive done a search.

Oh and for the record, I am aware of trigger reset and what it is, just not the "double" part.

thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
double reset

On the M&P, some of them feel like the trigger has reset when the trigger bar goes back over the little firing pin safety plunger. In most trigger jobs the firing pin safety plunger is rounded slightly to eliminate this. After you pull the trigger, keep it back, then cock it again, now let the trigger ride slowly towards the front and you can feel it, just right before the real reset. I"ve got two full sized and a compact, Yukon helped me polish the plunger on one of the full sized, it's not as noticeable on that one. All of the triggers wear in pretty good with dry fire and shooting. Mine have already gotten pretty good but I may end up getting a trigger job on my competiton one anyway. Good to see a 1911 guy try the M&P. :wink:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, I got it in yesterday. Ill be looking for a polymer gun that fits me, until they allow 1911's in production division. Id like to shoot it next weekend at our sectionals.

pstmstr, thanks for the info, so it would probably be more properly called a "false reset", dont you think?

Im going to do the light polishing and work up into a full trigger job, as time permits. Ill be checking the pull weight as I go.

Thanks to Mr. Burwell for that nice guide he has posted on the trigger work. Somehow, I think his business has increased as a result of that webpage being available.

-Lots of little pieces, the M&P has.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks YG;

You ever get out to the range?

-dont tell me you tried to call me.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
No. I have been really busy the last few days.

Hopefully I can get out, in the next week or so, to chrono those loads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts