MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased and fired my M&P 40c today and love it. The question is, how many double stamped M&P's are floating around out there? People have been telling me that I shouldn't shoot it and just put it up. I can't seem to buy a gun and not shoot it though. Is it going to be worth more because it's double stamped?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Yours is only the second I've heard of. Still haven't seen a pic though.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
well being the M&P's are not stamped I doubt there are any double stamped ones. I suppose there could be one that got the engraving doubled but even then I really doubt it, since I thought I heard the whole machining process is done in like maybe 3 steps, it isn't likely they would put a slide backinto a fixture and run the program over it again.

I guess what I am saying is I will believe it only when I see it, and then if/when I do, I will be trying to talk someone out of their gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hard heads makes a soft ass

Well it kills me when know all just know everything and are wrong. I to am in possession of a 45 double print stamped or whatever m&p pistol. And I mean everything up there has been stamped twice.

Attachments

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Well it kills me when know all just know everything and are wrong. I to am in possession of a 45 double print stamped or whatever m&p pistol. And I mean everything up there has been stamped twice.
That's wild! Somebody in quality control was asleep to let that slip through!

·
Registered
410 Posts
That's wild! Somebody in quality control was asleep to let that slip through!
Agreed that's really neat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why would someone pay extra for what is effectively a blemished product? Am I missing something? And yeah that's nuts that it made it all the way thru production if real. That means every one from the machinists to the platers to the final assembly all touched that part and not a single one pulled it aside. That is wild.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It is blemished, but its something you don't see often. As long as the blemish won't affect the reliability of the gun, its something I would find neat to own. Just my .02

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why would someone pay extra for what is effectively a blemished product? Am I missing something? And yeah that's nuts that it made it all the way thru production if real. That means every one from the machinists to the platers to the final assembly all touched that part and not a single one pulled it aside. That is wild.
I totally agree with this. I like the blemishes that I put on the gun, but I wouldn't want it coming from the factory. Like was earlier stated, it obviously wouldn't alter the function of the pistol at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts