MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Has any one had any thing to do with the "DPM Systems Magnetomechanical Recoil System for the S&W M&P Pistol of DPM Systems, by a Mr. Dimitrios Mantas"? :?

(Read about it from http://www.gunblast.com/DPM-SWMP.htm)

Does the collection of springs work? Is the recoil less? Is it worth the $? Thinking of puting it on a M&P9...

Any comments are appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just wondering, how much do they cost?

Personally I would consider one for my 357-sig, but 9mm already does have light recoil.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I might order one for the wife... :oops:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I won't be getting the magnet one since the M&P's are Stainless I would assume that they are non-magnetic or at least very weak so wouldnt expect any effect at all from them...? I can't see what the magnet will do anyway. The slides moving with way too much force and speed to have any effect from a fridge magnet

I’ll try the mechanical one. I think it will work out to be about AU$80 or so… Still cheaper than the magnets. :wink:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, $80 worth of ammo will be the better buy
Looks like the system is for limp wristers

·
Registered
42 Posts
243ww said:
Does it work alright? What pistol is it in?

I'm going to read, http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...5&highlight and do some reserch on it a bit, but what i've read seams good... :?:

I have a full size .40. It works well. Don't expect it to reduce the recoil to a .22 level like some say. I haven't shot a 9mm M&P to compare, so I can't say that it is feels like a 9mm, but it did make a noticeable difference in muzzle flip. Remember, I said NOTICEABLE, not drastic. I think it was worth the money. It helped me get faster w/ my follow up shots. It seemed to take some of the sharpness out of the .40's kick.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mpbond said:
I have a full size .40. It works well. Don't expect it to reduce the recoil to a .22 level like some say. I haven't shot a 9mm M&P to compare, so I can't say that it is feels like a 9mm, but it did make a noticeable difference in muzzle flip. Remember, I said NOTICEABLE, not drastic. I think it was worth the money. It helped me get faster w/ my follow up shots. It seemed to take some of the sharpness out of the .40's kick.

What I read and for what it costs I don't think it's worth $80. Like one post said, "... a trigger job is more use..."

I may out of curiosity in the future give it a go? I might talk to the Gunsmith about it... :?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also did my own trigger job according to Dan Burwell's instructions. The trigger job made a bigger difference. When I got my DPM, it was only $60.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mpbond said:
I also did my own trigger job according to Dan Burwell's instructions. The trigger job made a bigger difference. When I got my DPM, it was only $60.

I will follow the "Way of Dan" as well. It seems quite straight forward.

I live in Australia so with postage and exchange it works out just over $80. It makes for a rather costly test, and for a 9mm I don't think it's viable.

When you read reviews saying it turns a .40 into the recoil of a .22 that's when I back out! The follow up shots can just wait a little longer, say 0.5 sec... :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts