MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to make sure....I'd like to drift my rear sight a hair. Remove the set screw, tap, when it looks good, re-insert the set screw? Blue Loctite on the set screw? Thanks, rk

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. I couldn't get that rear sight to move a micron. That sucker is on tight! Had the slide in vice, brass punch and hammer, gave it all I got but no go. What is with these sights nowadays? The XD sights are just as tough to move.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Damn, that was quick... :wink: But at least now we know...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Morgan Walker said:
Damn, that was quick... :wink: But at least now we know...

LOL. Why S&W even bothers with a set screw is beyond me. That rear sight ain't going nowhere - not by me anyway.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just changed my factory rear sight for a 10-8 rear. I did not have any problem removing the factory sight. I used a hammer and big block of wood. Once it is knocked loose it will move easier.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did it!! This time I had the slide positioned in the vice so I was hitting down vs. sideways with the hammer. Took several tries but I think I moved it just enough.

Also, I don't know if it helped but I prepped things by saturating the exposed dovetail with Kroil and let the slide sit for about 5 minutes before I went to the hammer. It may or may not have helped loosen things up. Who knows but you might want to give it a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts