MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was dry firing my wifes new M&P9 the other night and noticed a loud snap as I thought it would. Then I got my 40 out "with mag saftey" fed an empty mag and started dry firing. What a big difference in sound though. The 40 was just a little snap nothing like the 9. I have over 4000 rounds thru the 40 only 400 thru the 9. Is the difference the amount of rounds or does the fact i have the mag in the 40 due to mag saftey have something to do with it. Or does it sound like something is wrong.

I have never had a light striker hit and all brass I shot sunday had deep strikes on primer and looked like they always do. Thoughts?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would think its just the mag muffeling the sound... witht he 9mm and no mag the sound has a place to travel.. with the mag inserted the sound doesnt have much place to go.. Why dont you try to dry fire the 9mm with the mag also and see if you notice a difference... However if the strikes on the brass look the same as they always have and your not getting light primer hits then I wouldnt put to much thought into it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts