MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used this on my motorcycle chain in dusty and sandy locations and it doesn't stay wet. Dries to a nice "dry to the touch" film and won't collect sand or grit or grime. I'm thinking it would be IDEAL for firearms. Guess what? The label on this puppy is saying it can even be used on firearms. Has anybody tried this stuff?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
no, but I use other dry film teflon bearing lubricants. It's part of my magic lube formula for keeping my ar running without keeping it soaking wet with mobil-1.

There are some points of lube where you want something that isn't dry though, but rather something viscous.

It's good stuff to have around though, especially in dusty climates.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Yes, Breakfree CLP does contain Teflon.

Thanks for posting about this lubricant. I might have to investigate this stuff further.

·
Registered
74 Posts
you know I got to thinking they should make something for rifle bores, or pistol bores for that matter, with Teflon. I'm thinking it might help stop some fouling and may improve velosities. :wink:

Just my thought.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE:

I gave a 9mm compact pistol "the treatment" with the Dupont lube. The lube dries to a white-ish film that didn't compliment the black or grey portions of the frame. The trigger seemed as smooth as with conventional gun oil, but the slide was much stickier. Unpleasantly stickier... It seems the final set of the film is heavier than my compact wanted. I wound up going with a strong cleaner to strip all of it off and went exclusively to Weapon Shield on all the recommended lube points. Much smoother. Experiment is over...

I have to give the Dupont Performance Lube 1 star out of 5. It worked good on my motorcycle chain but I'll pass on using it on my firearms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts