MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the range today to qualify for a PD I am applying to. The other guy there qualifying is a Durham County Sheriff's Deputy. He told me that they were just issued M&P45 pistols to replace their 4566 and 457 pistols. They haven't gone to qualify with the M&Ps yet, so they are still carrying the 4566, but the M&P45 will start to replace the 4566 in their holsters over the next month.

The department I work for now issues the M&P40. The department I am looking at going to currently issues the Beretta 96, but they are reaching the end of their service life and will probably be replaced before too long. I'm hoping with a M&P, but the lead firearms guy there is a Glock fan, so I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, good to see the M&P selected as a duty weapon at another department.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You're applying at the wrong PD! hahaha

Kudos to the Durham guys... talk about a shady town. My uncle lives there and I'm looking to work at the RDU Control Tower and I do not like driving through Durham at all lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I suppose it is too much to hope for that when the Beretta 96 pistols get replaced it will be with the M&P45, or any M&P for that matter. My current issue weapon is the M&P40, but that is the only thing I like about the department I work for now, so it is time to move on, despite the quality duty weapon.

Oh well, I carry my personal M&P40 at my part-time job and that isn't going to change (unless I decide to switch to the M&P45, which I will if Safariland comes out with a 6280 for the .45).

I hear that Durham and Raleigh PDs are also testing the M&P45, both issue some combination of S&W 45xx pistols, and it would be nice to see them go with the M&P also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just started working at Durham and we should be switching over to the m&p45 in the next couple of months, i cant wait to carry it compared to my 4506. I think the new chief wanted to push for everyone to have the same firearm.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dpd340 said:
I just started working at Durham and we should be switching over to the m&p45 in the next couple of months, i cant wait to carry it compared to my 4506. I think the new chief wanted to push for everyone to have the same firearm.

That is good to hear. I decided to qualify with my M&P45 for my part-time job at our last range day. So, my 6280 is on order, and as soon as it is here, I'll be carrying it.

Perhaps DPD and DSO going to the M&P will influence my PD to go with the M&P also if the rumors are true that we are going to be replacing our Beretta 96 pistols. I think we are pretty much stuck on the .40S&W, but the M&P is one of the only .40S&W pistols out there I actually like.

DPD340, keep your thugs from heading north on 501, I don't want to have to deal with them. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts