MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know this topic has been beat to death, but I still can't find what I am looking for. I am hoping to transition to the S&W M&P 45 for duty use, but I can't find a holster that will work. I have seen several options mentioned on this site including Safariland, Bianchi, and even Uncle Mikes, but it does not look like any of the holsters will accept the M&P with a thumb safety. Has anyone tried one that works??? I need a holster uniformed duty use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only person I know of that makes a holster for the M&P 45 is Mike Benedict out at Talon Tactical. You might want to try and give him a call, see what he can do.

·
Registered
149 Posts
98z28,

Are you looking for a Level 1, 2, or 3? I have a Safariland 6280 for the Glock 20/21. This is the Model made for the light mounted on it. Works great. My light is a Stream Light M3.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I think he meant a Level 3, with thumb safety, I would suggest Safariland, or Blackhawk.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking for at least a level II. Has to fit the M&P 45 with a thumb safety. From the various manufacturers pictures, it does not look like the Safariland 6280 or the Blackhawk serpas (duty variants) will accommodate the thumb safety. Thanks for the suggestions though! Keep 'em coming.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
98z28. I have two words for you HEAT GUN. Just by a safariland SLS and heat it up on the inside at the safety area. Shove the gun in and move it left and right to stretch the polymer and it will work. Just take your time and check the holster to make sure you heat it just enough to get a good flex of the area you need. I have done this alot over the years to fit guns to holsters. All of my DUTY holsters are glock 17 ones I have done this with to make the M&P 45's work.

I hope this helps.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
David,

Thanks for the tip! It looks like I may have to resort to that because I need a holster soon. Also, if anyone else is looking for a decent non-duty holster for the M&P 45 with the thumb safety, the CQC Serpa accepts it just fine.

98z.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts