MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got a new M & P for duty. I needed holster for duty but the Safariland one is backordered and hard to come by. I did find out that the M & P will fit in a size 21 Uncle Mike's PRO-3 Triple Retention holster it made for Glock 17's and 22's. The internal retention device works also. It it a real nice fit, no slop or anything. Just wanted to let you other police guys know that this a good holster will work while you wait for you backordered ones. Uncle Mike's also make a similar light holster and it will fit that one too but that thing is just too damn big. It looks like a phone book hanging from your belt.

·
Registered
757 Posts
We went with the Safariland 6280 in the STX finish. It's also available for pistols with a light mounted. Don't bother with the adapter for a 2 inch belt, get the UBL made for 2 inch belts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wanted a holster for my MP 40 with a Surefire X200 attached. Safariland didn't have a build date. I ordered this leather holster from Cedar Ridge Saddlery in Ash Fork Arizona.

The price was $150.00 and build time was three weeks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Striechers have them in stock for the M&P and they have both flavors with and without light, if you dont mind buying on line.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anybody know how well the M&P with an X-200 will fit in the 6280 for the M&P with an M-3? It should fit okay but I'm not sure if it will be a little sloppy. I hope they make a holster for the MP X200 combo soon. I know that I have a 6280 Glock holster for a 17 and an X200 and a 17 with and M-3 WILL NOT fit.

Hey CoCop I think I saw that holster in a Cop magazine recently. Very Nice, but we use nylon gear. I'm still waiting on Safariland too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Duty holster

I ordered a Safariland Level III 070 holster. I tried several others, including a holster for a Springfield XD. After speaking with the rep, and my Range Officer, I decieded to wait for the level III. Not that it would happen, but I can see some jerk defense attorney making an issue of it if I ever got in a shooting. :roll:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Holster for Armored Truck use

Greetings,

I am working at an Armored transport company. I bought the MP 40 because I preferred the way it shot and fit my hand. What I need to know decide is what holster to buy for my work. I will be getting in and out of the truck all day and want to insure some protection for the bumps and bruises of work. I have never carried while working. Unless you consider 20 years of Quarterdeck watches in the Navy as carrying.

The Company must approve the holster but there are no specific requirements. I have looked at several sites and have several ideas. I like the Blackhawk Serpa, the Brigade M-6, the Bianchi Defender, and have looked at the Safariland 6280 and 6360.

I just would like some advice form people that have carried on a daily basis.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tophall

I use the Safariland #6280 in STX finish for uniform duty carry. It is level 2 rated and provides good protection to the pistol and can be drawn quickly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Our Dept. in Mi. everyone was issued the Safariland 6280 model, it works great, along with the issued M&P 40's.

rogero / Mi LEO

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use the 6280 for all my duty weapons. My full-time department issues the standard black leather 6280 for our issued M&P40.

The department I work for part-time doesn't have an issue weapon or holster, but I use the 6280 and my personal M&P40 as a duty weapon.

The department I am a reserve for (yes, I am very busy) issues .40S&W ammunition (if one chooses to carry a .40), but does not issue weapons to reserves (full-time guys carry the HK USP40 Compact, just like the county PD). I carry either the same M&P40 I use at my part-time job or my S&W 4566TSW, also in a 6280.

I'm very happy with the 6280, but I mostly chose it for my own purchase since it is the same holster I use full-time and therefore the draw stroke is the same.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I work Armed security and have had the 6360 for several months now, and it is a very fine holster.

Very easy to work and after about an hour of practicing working it it comes as second nature.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Uncle Mikes Pro 3 size 28

It's listed as for the Sigma.

Fits perfect with no extra material at the bottom.

Also fits my Steyr perfectly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just received my 6280 for the M&P with tac light.

Very nice and a perfect fit. I ordered the sentry lock for it as almost all of the 6280's I've seen end up opening inadvertently.

If I think I'll need the gun faster I'll open the lock and leave the hood closed. I've spent all day practicing with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
duty holster and light for m&p 45

If anyone is still looking for a great duty holster, take a look at Blackhawk. I ordered a level 3 serpa in the basketweave. I ordered the holster/light combo they offer. The Serpa holster is made to fit their Xiphos light. I must say I'm VERY happy with it. And, if you pruchase the light/holster combo, its around 275 bucks..Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a safariland 6280 three weeks ago and the store I ordered from did not process the order properly. (so another month wait) are there any other holsters that the .45 will fit into that is made in plain leather? I've heard that holsters made for the glock 21 will work. Does any one know? I'm itching to carry my .45 on duty!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If anyone is still looking for a great duty holster, take a look at Blackhawk. I ordered a level 3 serpa in the basketweave. I ordered the holster/light combo they offer. The Serpa holster is made to fit their Xiphos light. I must say I'm VERY happy with it. And, if you pruchase the light/holster combo, its around 275 bucks..Hope this helps.

Just wanted to tag along on this one. I use the Level 2 Serpa with out the light and could not be happier. The Serpa's that fit the Glock 20/21 will fit the MP's. I called Blackhawk to verify this. If you want speed and high security the level 3 is awsome, I will probably changing to it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use the Safariland 6360.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts