MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Safariland 6280 holster for the M&P40 with the M3/M6 or TLR1/TLR2 fit the M&P with a Surefire X200 mounted instead? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tspeis

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't. Using the 6360 for example. The Glock 22 model fits the ITI M3 Light, TLR-1, LAS-TAC 2, and SureFire X200.

But then again I'm not 100% since Safariland is weird about their fitment.. Best bet would be finding a cop shop and trying the holster out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Breech,

Thanks for the suggestion. I plan on running down to a local LE retail store on Monday so I'll see if they have the holster. If they don't, I'll probably have to give Safariland a call. Thanks again.

Tspeis

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just figured I'd post an update in case anyone else had a similar situation. I called Safariland and they said the M&P w/ Surefire X200 will NOT fit the 6280 for the M&P w/ M3/M6 or TLR-1/TLR-2. She said they have the new ALS model 6360 available to fit the M&P with the above mentioned lights as well as the X200. I'm not sure how I feel about the ALS system. Anyone here have any experience with it so far? Care to comment? I've never been real big on level 3 holsters, but the woman I spoke with said the 6360 is a level 2 plus since the ALS lever is not actually another safety level. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Tspeis

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can buy the Sentry attachment for the 6360 and make it a level 3. Search a few posts below for a brief review of the 6360.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a bit difficult trying to get an idea as to how the ALS system on the holster was disengaged while drawing the weapon just by watching the video on Safariland's website. I went down to the officerstore, tried it, and loved it. Personally, I HATE level 3 holsters, but surprisingly, this being a level 2+, it's very easy to use. I placed an order with Safariland for the 6360 for the M&P w/ X200, STX Tac finish. They're not available at any retailers yet as far as that particular model for the M&P, so you still need to order it from Safariland until they are. Thanks for the help Breech.

Tspeis

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tspeis, I just ordered the Sentry device for my 6360 to make it into a level 3 holster. I'll let you know what I think about it when I get it in (hopefully later this week).

·
Registered
28 Posts
We considered the Sentry, but ultimately rejected it. I'm certain one could make it work with sufficient training, but I did not envision most officers putting that much effort into lpractice. I envisioned officers either not using the Sentry at all or fumbling with it on presentation. I also suspect we would have officers who would be selective regarding when the Sentry was engaged (e.g.: off for car stops, on for domestics) which would inevitably result in not really knowing what condition the holster was in.

The ALS does seem a simple to use and effective system. I'd like to transition to that, but I don't think new holsters are in our budgetary future right now.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have an offduty ALS. I like it I ordered a duty one for my MP. I wish I would have known about the one with the light. I dont like the 6280 for security. That being said/typed I think with the hood and ALS that will be a good combo. time will tell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts