MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Here I am again for some of your expert advice and opinions:

1. My ear plugs are wearing out after several years of heavy use and I'm considering some muffs, but I've stayed away from them in the past because they get soooo damn hot especially in the summer. I haven't looked at any for probably 5 or 6 years so maybe they've made some improvements in design to help keep things cooler. If not: then I guess it's back to the plugs and perhaps your opinions or suggestions on them would be helpfull as well.

2. I go to the range (in/outdoor) two to three times a week and shoot 800-1000 rounds of 22lr, 9mm, 40, 38, .380 or 223's and sometimes my hands/fingers get slippery or tender and I was wondering if any of you guy's wore shooting gloves? I would love to hear from you with your + and - opinions and what kind and where do you get them. I was even thinking of golf gloves (good or bad idea)?

3. I'm trying to find a real good soft preferably leather belt/clip holster (not for cc) for my M&P 9c and my M&P40 full size. I'm retired and can afford to spoil myself in getting good ones that look nice, protesct your pistol without maring/messing-up the finish after a little use. I'm thinking about doing some bullseye with them.

Thanks for all your great help in the past and I look to hear from you.

Jim

·
Registered
757 Posts
Go with muffs. Muffs are the preferred protection since they cover the bones of the mastoid which can carry vibrations into the inner ear and cause damage. Given your claimed noise exposure, I'd suggest both muffs and plugs when firing-or near someone else firing-anything over rimfire.

Your round count is interesting. However, a high round count without an established practice regime doesn't accomplish much except to lighten your wallet.

Soft leather doesn't support the weapon. If you're looking at concealed carry, forget it. Low finish wear is a function of holster fit, not material-unless you commission a sheepskin holster with the fleece in

·
Registered
533 Posts
I am now using Pro-Ears Dimension 2's!!

I upgraded because with the Dimension 2's I can have the best Hearing Protection Possible and run my I-Pod through the Pro-Ears at the same time, I have Tunes at my Matches now!!

Y

E

·
0 Posts
Peltor Ultimate 10

You gotta replace the foam of your muffs every 6 months because they wear out after that time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts