MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that SHOT is upon us and I assume the release of the M&P .45 is imminent, anyone care to speculate on whether we'll see any bugs or have they mostly been worked out with the models that have already been released? I'm thinking specifically of the striker issues, mag followers, and those sorts of things that have already been addressed. One would hope that those fixes would carry over to the .45. Hopefully, they have cracked the code on spring rates and so forth on the .45.

I am curious to see how the manual safety works. Hopefully the design is simple enough that it will work fine and won't impact the function of the weapon.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
This is obviously nothing more then speculation but I have mixed feelings. I think that Smith will be implementing the improvements that have been made to the existing M&Ps over to the .45, i.e. striker, etc. However, I think as with any new weapon it will have it's share of bumps in the road. That being said, the early S/Ns of the existing ones still perform admirably, especially with upgrades which Smith does for free. All and all I have little doubt that Smith will be adding another great gun to our family.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts