MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I bought a new shield 2.0 9mm and noticed the ejector wiggles a bit. I've shot about 300 rounds with no jams whatsoever. If I forcefully shake the gun, I can here it very slightly rattle. The ejector on my FS is real snug. I'm a bit OCD but was seeing if anybody else's wiggles too. Is this typical for these pistols? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do believe that is normal. I think they are a bit loose to better absorb the impact of the case flying towards it, otherwise that skinny long tip might shatter. That slide is really zinging back and forth, which may explain why the magazine springs are so strong, to lift the next round up in time. In any case, that ejector certainly has no problem ejecting empties into a neighboring country eh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do believe that is normal. I think they are a bit loose to better absorb the impact of the case flying towards it, otherwise that skinny long tip might shatter. That slide is really zinging back and forth, which may explain why the magazine springs are so strong, to lift the next round up in time. In any case, that ejector certainly has no problem ejecting empties into a neighboring country eh.
Yeah, I researched other places and Smith customer service has said that the ejector should have1/16" of give. In any case I really like this gun. The full size is easier for me to shoot accurately though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
...in any case I really like this gun. The full size is easier for me to shoot accurately though.
That is to be expected, longer sight radius usually equals better sight alignment, and thus better hand held accuracy, normally. Glad to hear S&W put your mind at ease. I really like my Shield too, keep enjoying yours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts