MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought if anyone was in the area or lives near by, come out and

shoot with on June 23, 2007 or July 26, 2007.

********************************************************************************

DEFENSIVE PISTOL SHOOT JULY 26, 2003

DEFENSIVE PISTOL SHOOT SATURDAY JUNE 23, 2007

EL DORADO ROD & GUN CLUB RANGE ADDRESS

5941 Union Mine Road

El Dorado, CA 95623

Web site for the club is www.eldoradorodandgun.com Check out the newsletter for upcoming activities.

EL DORADO ROD &GUN CLUB DEFENSIVE PISTOL matches are conducted on the lower (pistol / rifle) ranges.

LIABILITY RELEASE FORM: ALL participants must sign the Liability Release Form before shooting! Observers - spectators are encouraged to accompany shooters but they also must sign the Liability Release Form. In the column 'Range Fee' just put N/C for no charge.

EL DORADO ROD AND GUN CLUB LOWER RANGE (PISTOL AND RIFLE) IS A COLD RANGE!!!!!!! No loaded firearms allowed except as directed by the Range Safety Office. The ONLY time that the firearm is to be handled is at the �Safe Table� or under the Safety Officer�s direction. NO AMMO IS TO BE AT THE 'SAFE TABLE�. Before going to the SAFE TABLE remove all ammo from your person and put it on another table! You should arrive at the range with two bags. One bag to contain your unloaded firearm, holster, magazine pouches and any other support equipment. The other bag containing your ammunition.

Prospective attendees / shooters: can be asked not to participate and to leave the range at the discretion of the Match Director.

The weather should be warm to hot! Early morning in the 70's, late morning in the 80's, early afternoon in the 90's:

BRING LIQUIDS! BRING SOME MUNCHIES TO REPLENISH YOUR SYSTEM!

John L. Lustig; land line (530) 676-1199, cell (530) 306-4432

My e-mail is [email protected] or [email protected] for more information about the shoots that I am involved in.

I normally leave my house by 6:00 am Saturday morning so it is best to call me on my cell phone (530) 306-4432.

DEFENSIVE PISTOL SHOOTS ARE ON THE FOURTH SATURDAY OF THE MONTH

IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) www.idpa.com rules are used as guidelines for the match and the Courses of Fire. We deviate from IDPA rules in that 45 acp. semi-automatics can be charged with ten rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber. We also allow more hostages - no shoots than IDPA specifies. We do not have a class or division for shooters; all shoot the same.

Please go to the IDPA web site www.idpa.com and read "THE 4 LAWS OF GUN SAFETY" and "THE IDPA RULE BOOK". This is some very important and useful information and all shooters will be expected to adhere to and follow these rules and guidelines!! Please pay attention when reading these articles!!! The IDPA web site will also give you a list of IDPA Clubs in the area.

Shooters of all levels (beginners to street proven experienced) are invited and encouraged to participate. Emphasis is on safety, gun handling, gun and support equipment usage.

BRING AMMO!!! Bring a fellow shooter.

Looking for scenario - stage designers. An individual who designs a scenario and sets up the stage will receive a $5.00 reduction in their range fee. Also, the individual who does the score tabulation will receive a $5.00 reduction in their range fee. This was done as a token of appreciation to those individuals who contribute to the success of this shooting event. Sorry, only one fee reduction per individual.

GENERAL INFORMATION:

* Early arrival is encouraged as assistance in setting up stages is always appreciated.

* A good idea is to be at the range by 8:00 am to get yourself ready to start at 9:00 am.

* Sign up starts when you get there; sign in on the LIABILITY RELEASE form, please print legible.

* Defensive Pistol range fees: this is an honor system.

EDR&GC members; $10.00

Non Club members $15.00

* Fill out your score sheet (name on both sides - please print legible) and keep it with you until asked for it.

* Membership applications are available.

* e-mail sign up sheet is available. Write so that I can read it!!!!

* Announcements, general information, safety briefing and walk - talk through at 9:00 am.

* Would like to be shooting by 9:15 am at the latest.

* Bring comfortable clothing!!

* Bring liquids and a snack.

* We plan on having six scenarios / stages to enjoy.

Covered pistol range will be stages one and two.

Open pistol - wedge range will be stages three and four.

Covered Rifle range will be stages five and six.

* The Juniors are typically scheduled for the rifle range at 1:00 pm so we will need to be off by then.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts