MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I had my M&P9 out to the range today for the first time. I put 500 rounds through it. Initially, it was all over the paper but by 200 rounds or so it settled down nicely and began giving me ~2.5"-3" groups @ 20 yds. I chalk it up to some break in. I was shooting these groups from a rest with a bag.

Unfortunately, the groups were ~ 4" higher than my POA, but dead on, "windage wise". So, I was directly 4" above the 10 ring...If I aimed @ the bottom of the paper, 4" directly below the black 10 ring, I would get 7/10 in the black.

Shooting some 136 Gr. LRN (professional reloads), 147 Gr. JHP (Winchester White box), Rem. UMC 124 Gr. - the UMC was the most accurate - maybe 2.5" high.

I have been shooting for 18+ years know how to align sights, squeeze the trigger, etc. :wink:

I have a 990L in .40 and for elevation adjustment, a simple swap of the front sight was the cure.

Any aftermarket sights, etc. available for the M&P9?

Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Canadianshooter said:
Hey all,

I had my M&P9 out to the range today for the first time. I put 500 rounds through it. Initially, it was all over the paper but by 200 rounds or so it settled down nicely and began giving me ~2.5"-3" groups @ 20 yds. I chalk it up to some break in. I was shooting these groups from a rest with a bag.

Unfortunately, the groups were ~ 4" higher than my POA, but dead on, "windage wise". So, I was directly 4" above the 10 ring...If I aimed @ the bottom of the paper, 4" directly below the black 10 ring, I would get 7/10 in the black.

Shooting some 136 Gr. LRN (professional reloads), 147 Gr. JHP (Winchester White box), Rem. UMC 124 Gr. - the UMC was the most accurate - maybe 2.5" high.

I have been shooting for 18+ years know how to align sights, squeeze the trigger, etc. :wink:

I have a 990L in .40 and for elevation adjustment, a simple swap of the front sight was the cure.

Any aftermarket sights, etc. available for the M&P9?

Thanks.

My M&P .40 shoots low. I recieved an email from novaksights.com stating they will have a adjustable rear sight on the market for the M&P fullsize in about a month. I'll get one when they come out. Currently you can buy different size front sights for the M&P at novaksights.com

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check M&P Store. If your current front sight is .160 you may want to try a .180 available in different styles such as Dawson Precision. Plus .020 on front sight should put your POI much closer to your POA.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Maybe you should call S&W Service and see if they will send you a different height fron sight. It is worth a try.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem with my M&P40.

I sent it back to Smith and they ended up replacing the barrel.

When I got it back the problem was fixed.

So I'd say send it back to them. Turn around time was about 1 week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts