MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Very nice (and pre lock), I had a plain 640 about 20 years ago, they shoot great but do get heavy in gym short or sweat pants pockets. I sold it and bought the 340 I still carry today around 2005. Yours is a better gun to shoot.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice (and pre lock), I had a plain 640 about 20 years ago, they shoot great but do get heavy in gym short or sweat pants pockets. I sold it and bought the 340 I still carry today around 2005. Yours is a better gun to shoot.
I had one of the plain older ones back in the early ‘90’s myself.

This one is new, but is a no-lock because it’s a Centennial model. I don’t think that S&W puts the lock in any of their revolver models without an exposed hammer.

Anyway, this one has a nice trigger pull, and is very easy to consistently stage for a SA pull.

I have good holsters and belts, so carrying it ( pocket carry too) won’t be an issue. The 22 ounce weight is still ligher than any of the 1911’s that I routinely carry.

But, the five round capacity means that it’ll mostly be relegated to band practice and walk the dog duty, unless I take along my old Colt Cobra too, for a NY reload.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had one of the plain older ones back in the early ‘90’s myself.

This one is new, but is a no-lock because it’s a Centennial model. I don’t think that S&W puts the lock in any of their revolver models without an exposed hammer.

Anyway, this one has a nice trigger pull, and is very easy to consistently stage for a SA pull.

I have good holsters and belts, so carrying it ( pocket carry too) won’t be an issue. The 22 ounce weight is still ligher than any of the 1911’s that I routinely carry.

But, the five round capacity means that it’ll mostly be relegated to band practice and walk the dog duty, unless I take along my old Colt Cobra too, for a NY reload.
Are you pocket carrying it while wearing gym shorts or sweat pants (at the house, after a shower, night clothes)?
I wear an Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt all day while dressed in real clothes, but at the house I drop a j-frame into the pocket of shorts, sweats (depending on the season) and they have only an elastic waist band, so no belt involved. Steel revolvers always pulled the pants down, the 340 doesn't because it's only 12oz.

If I could switch back to a steel gun I would because the 340 is getting harder to shoot the older I get.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you pocket carrying it while wearing gym shorts or sweat pants (at the house, after a shower, night clothes)?
I wear an Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt all day while dressed in real clothes, but at the house I drop a j-frame into the pocket of shorts, sweats (depending on the season) and they have only an elastic waist band, so no belt involved. Steel revolvers always pulled the pants down, the 340 doesn't because it's only 12oz.

If I could switch back to a steel gun I would because the 340 is getting harder to shoot the older I get.
I’d pocket carry it for walking the dogs, in LW nylon or canvas shorts, with a belt, and in a pocket holster.

Whenever I leave home, I always wear Tru-Spec 24/7 shorts or long pants, always with a Nexxbelt ratcheting gun belt. It’s the most comfortable well designed gun belt I’ve ever owned. I own much more expensive gun belts, but none are any better for carrying a gun than this one.

For going to band practice tonight, I’ll be wearing TS shorts, and carry the 640 in a pancake holster, with an old double dump pouch setup on the left side for reloads, since the speedloaders I have are binding just a little on the thumb cylinder release on this gun.

If I was stopping anywhere in public, I’d be carrying either a 1911 or M&P9, plus two spare mags. I also always have a phone, knife, and light on me, along with a wallet, keys, and so on.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I’d pocket carry it for walking the dogs, in LW nylon or canvas shorts, with a belt, and in a pocket holster.

Whenever I leave home, I always wear Tru-Spec 24/7 shorts or long pants, always with a Nexxbelt ratcheting gun belt. It’s the most comfortable well designed gun belt I’ve ever owned. I own much more expensive gun belts, but none are any better for carrying a gun than this one.

For going to band practice tonight, I’ll be wearing TS shorts, and carry the 640 in a pancake holster, with an old double dump pouch setup on the left side for reloads, since the speedloaders I have are binding just a little on the thumb cylinder release on this gun.

If I was stopping anywhere in public, I’d be carrying either a 1911 or M&P9, plus two spare mags. I also always have a phone, knife, and light on me, along with a wallet, keys, and so on.
Thanks, it looks like we carry a little differently.
I always have a full size gun and two spare mags on my belt when I leave the house and a j-frame in a Kramer leather pocket holster (surefire 6px, knife, keys and wallet in pockets), but around the house I just have drop the j-frame in the pocket of whatever I am wearing which usually doesn't include a belt.

I'll check out the belt you use, I found the Ares gear several years ago and figured they didn't get any better that that, so I stopped looking lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts