MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait until Monday night. I have excellent seats for the Eric Clapton concert.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dude, we are dating ourselves here!! :oops:

Dude, you rock!! have fun!!

Y

PS, I met a gal named Layla once.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not that old, but I am a music fanatic. As a guitarist myself, I appreciate great guitarists.

·
Registered
533 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
I'm not that old, but I am a music fanatic. As a guitarist myself, I appreciate great guitarists.

hey, I'm not that old either

OK I'm in my mid 40's, but still not that old!!

Y

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hope you have a great time YukonGlocker! I have never been a huge Eric Clapton fan, but I also cannot deny that he is one of the guitar greats!! Cocaine is also one of my favorite all time songs.

Enjoy, Ron

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've only seen EC 6 times since 1997 (Nashville 1997, Atlanta and Kansas City 2001, Atlanta and Greenville 2004, Atlanta 2006). He's awesome and gets better with age. This current tour, he'll have two backup guitarists (Doyle Bramhall III and Derek Truck), both are excellent slide players. He'll be playing more songs from his Derek and the Dominoes period , I thought he featured many songs from the "Layla and other assorted love songs" album.

I actually ran into EC at the hotel before the Nashville 1997 show, we stayed on the same floor. I thought I was going to faint when I asked him for his autograph. He was down to earth and humble, he walked around downtown Nashville all by himself with no entourage or posse

I think you'll have a wonderful time.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Mutant Geezer......

I must be some kind of throw back or mutant or something. I'm 68 years old and my favorite band is still Led Zepplin. I like everything from hard rock, blues, big band, and country. We have a 200 disc cd player that is full of everything from classical to blue grass.

The only music I can't even begin to like is hip-hop and rap. Can you imagine the oldies but goodies stations playng hip-hop or rap twenty years from now?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm off to see one of the greats!!!

Talk to you guys later.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Robert Cray is awesome. He is one of the best R&B performers I have ever seen.

Derrick Trucks is phenomenal on the guitar. I know that's no new news, but he is. Amazing, amazing guitarist.

And Eric Clapton. Ohhhh man, this guy only gets better with age. I can't think of any words to describe just how good he is. He is very, very musically talented.

These guys blew the roof off. I will remember this show forever.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the show. Oh yea, I forgot about the opening act, Robert Cray. Did he came on and played with EC during "Old Love"?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He came out and played for the last song of the night-Crossroads. It was killer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts