MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CLEARWATER, Fla. - Evel Knievel, the red-white-and-blue-spangled motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over crazy obstacles including Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho's Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69.

Knievel's death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

Knievel had undergone a liver transplant in 1999 after nearly dying of hepatitis C, likely contracted through a blood transfusion after one of his bone-shattering spills.

Longtime friend and promoter Billy Rundel said Knievel had trouble breathing at his Clearwater condominium and died before an ambulance could get him to a hospital.

"It's been coming for years, but you just don't expect it. Superman just doesn't die, right?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/ap_on_re_us/obit_knievel

·
Registered
660 Posts
As sad as it is I think we can say he lived life to its fullest and rode the razors edge. I think he lived a good life and will be immortalized for generations to come. My prayers to his family.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
His action figure with motorcycle will always be one of my childhood favorites... He will be missed.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Fire1 said:
As sad as it is I think we can say he lived life to its fullest and rode the razors edge. I think he lived a good life and will be immortalized for generations to come. My prayers to his family.
you said it best :wink:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am 44 years old and I still have Evel's action figure with the wind up mechanism that makes his motorcycle go. He was my childhood hero. I had many bruises and luckily no broken bones trying to make jumps on my bicycle acting like him. He will be missed.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
He was a wild one that lived life on the edge. He did ask God into his life before the end so he is riding with the big guy now. He will be missed on earth though, thoughts and prayers for his family

1 - 6 of 6 Posts