MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this morning I finally had the chance to take my SP101 to the range today with a box of Rem. 125gr. 357 Hollow points from WalMart. Needless to say, the Crimson Trace grips were an aweful invention for this gun and should have never been made for a gun like this. I bought this gun with the CT grips that were made with the Ruger emblem in the grips so I couldnt just send the grips back and try something else to absorb the recoil. It was also giving me problems in that when I pulled the trigger the concealed hammer would raise up as normal but then hesitate before engaging the firing pin. I was shooting all over the place as I never knew when it was going to fire as it should or delay an extra millisecond? I ended up with a blister on my index and a sore hand after 50 rounds!! I left the range and headed right back to Cabelas for an exchange. After an hour of back and forthing with fit/finish, how the gun felt, etc.. I ended up with an XD 40 Sub Compact.

I know, I know, I sold out to getting a M&P 40c but, I had the 40c before and found that it was hard to conceal overall. I found that the XD is lighter (not by much) shorter barrel length, and most importantly a grip that was shorter than the 40c but, long enough that my pinkie wasnt hangin off in an awkward position. The extension for the 40c made it print when I wore it IW. Overall, I think this is going to be a great little gun, too bad I couldnt get the $50 and two extra mags

1 - 1 of 1 Posts