MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did it go? What was your transfer fee to the FFL dealer like? Would you do it again or buy from local dealer?

·
Registered
215 Posts
98sr20ve said:
How did it go? What was your transfer fee to the FFL dealer like? Would you do it again or buy from local dealer?

I either buy from Bud's or Whittaker Guns. Local dealers around here screw you.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I bought two guns from impact guns, shipping was fast and prompt. I used a local ffl here, who was pretty pissy because I wasn't buying his guns. But he only charged $25 bucks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think you have better (more consistant) luck with firearm purchases than any other online purchase due to the licenses involved.

Haven't had a problem, yet.

Fees are up to the dealer, local dealers usually don't have what I am looking for.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I've done a lot of online firearms purchases and will continue to. The local shops are too expensive but I can find online prices that still make it worth my while even with our high transfer fees ($70).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Done many online purchases

I have bought 8 or more guns online. Buds and Impact are excellent. I found a dealer that works out of his house locally through a search at gunbroker.com

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp,

He only charges 15.00 per gun. He doesn't have a store and he is a great guy.

There are many more home FFL holders than I had ever imagined that do mostly transfers for guys like us. The gun shop I do deal with would drive me crazy because he wants the sale and the transfer money. The 2 guys I have used are actually happy to see me and we have great chat while they wait for the authorization to come through.

Do a web search. I think you will be surprised at the amount of FFL holders and the difference in pricing.

Good Luck and have a great day.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've used davidson's gallery of guns twice. Each time I got to pick it up next day a FFL dealer about 15 minutes away which is great for me since the nearest gun shop is an hour away. The guy I go through only charges $15 so thats great too. Davidson's also has a warrenty on every gun you buy through them. If something happens they repair or replace. I've never used Buds but their prices do seem to be the best by at least $50 - $75.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/

·
Registered
41 Posts
i bought from buds with zero probs. called, spoke to real person, had gun transfered to local bass pro. in my hands w/i 5 working days.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Done many online purchases

LarryNH said:
I have bought 8 or more guns online. Buds and Impact are excellent. I found a dealer that works out of his house locally through a search at gunbroker.com

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp,

He only charges 15.00 per gun. He doesn't have a store and he is a great guy.

There are many more home FFL holders than I had ever imagined that do mostly transfers for guys like us. The gun shop I do deal with would drive me crazy because he wants the sale and the transfer money. The 2 guys I have used are actually happy to see me and we have great chat while they wait for the authorization to come through.

Do a web search. I think you will be surprised at the amount of FFL holders and the difference in pricing.

Good Luck and have a great day.

You type the truth. Thanks for the link. I really did not want to deal with my local gunshop for this purchase. You saved me from that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have purchased guns from GT Distributors online and Reed's Sporting Goods online and in all instances the prices were better than local even after shipping and transfer fees.

I used a local pawn shop for the transfer as it was only $20. Most pawn shops will do the transfer you just have to ask and they won't guilt trip you into having them sell you one because they aren't dealers of new products. I also bought a gun on gunbroker.com from a dealer in another state and that went smoothly.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My Swiss K31, M1930, M1938, and a couple of others online. Through Madecov in Houston, it was a $10 transfer, but they're usually $20 or $25.

It has always been smooth with me.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've purchased 9 guns on the internet in the past few months. I pretty much refuse to go give my business to local dealers anymore. I might if they were nice people, but they're all assholes and charge way more fore their guns than I can buy them online(including shipping + transfer). Pawn shops around here charge $25 for transfers while local dealers want $55 + tax(which I refuse to pay).

I try to buy from places like Budsgunshop.com, but have bought a few guns from individuals on AR15.com(got another rifle today, actually), gunbroker.com, and even here at mp-pistol.com.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
josh said:
I've purchased 9 guns on the internet in the past few months. I pretty much refuse to go give my business to local dealers anymore. I might if they were nice people, but they're all assholes and charge way more fore their guns than I can buy them online(including shipping + transfer). Pawn shops around here charge $25 for transfers while local dealers want $55 + tax(which I refuse to pay).

I try to buy from places like Budsgunshop.com, but have bought a few guns from individuals on AR15.com(got another rifle today, actually), gunbroker.com, and even here at mp-pistol.com.

Yeah most of these glockheads frown upon anything that doesnt have an Austria stamp on its side. Before I put the sight on myself I stopped at a pawnshop and asked if thet would do it.. Guy there asked what kind it was I told him and this idiot made a statement "do those things use the same tool as a glock??? If s&w was smart they would imitate glock and make the same tool.." Well if you were trying to maintain the spped level as them maybe but not if you expect to beat em.. Online is nice I love it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
One way to find a local FFL dealer

I tried clicking on the link I posted above and it went to a "gunbroker" page that said "Page not found".

If you go to http://www.gunbroker.com/ then click on "How do I buy" then click on "Find a Transfer Dealer" It takes you to their FFL Holder Network page. At the bottom put in your zip code and it lists dealers along with the distance of each one from your zip.

When I did mine I got 14 pages of dealers with a range of 6.5 miles to 105 miles. One thing I did find when I first did this was that there are some dealers that quite doing it. It also listed what most charge per transfer. Anywhere from 10.00 to over 50.00 around here.

I got my last gun, an M&P9, from Buds for 439.00 shipped with a 15.00 transfer. Ends up @ 454.00 in my car driving home. Nice.

Chooch, Wow. 70.00 is pretty steep for a transfer

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have bought 2 online from Bud's and multiple at local shops. The local dealers were okay, some more knowledgeable than others, but the prices were better online and the shipping/transfer process worked well. I have a local FFL that only does transfers so the rates are reasonable, discounts for multiple guns and transfer 5 get one free "loyalty" program, so he has no conflict of interest with online purchases.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased a M&P 40c from Bud's. Best price, fast shipping. And my local FFL only charged me $10.00. Would definitely do business with them again. Jerbear

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Places I've done business with:

aimsurplus

buds

impact guns

eagle firearms

del-ton

I've also done a couple via auction arms and gunbroker.

Honestly, I haven't had any online gun purchase go poorly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts