MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the M&P needs to make it the perfect poor-mans limited gun.

Ken, Jester and Dan, what say ye?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I say...........

I'd have to agree with you that the M&P40 would make a great poor man' s limited gun. :wink: 8)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have 5 of the ones Jester made. They're pretty nice and allow the mag to hold 18 rounds. They'll work for Limited and I'll only be hampered by capacity every once in a while. If they held 20 rounds it would be awesome! They cannot be longer than 140mm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Baby Steps

Good, you agree!
Well then...

When should I expect you (Kenny or Jester for that matter) to surprise me with those accesories?

If the M&P40 mags get extended to the USPSA Limited max of 140mm, would they get the 20 rounds Glock mags get with the Arredondo base pads? For the record, I'd be happy with 19. :wink:

Get to work gents! I'm hanging up my sixgun for next year's season.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I talked to Robin Taylor of taylorfreelance and he is working on some for the M&P also.

·
Registered
495 Posts
readyme said:
What about us regular folk that would like an extra round or two for the 9mm compact mags?
That is what fullsize mags are for.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I ran a bunch of them out at one time. I wasn't making any money off of them, I can't mass produce them like others.

I may get a hair up my a$$ and run another sheet or so, but never any large production run.

·
Registered
171 Posts
UPSguy said:
[quote name='readyme']What about us regular folk that would like an extra round or two for the 9mm compact mags?
That is what fullsize mags are for.[/quote]

The full size mags would be great...but somebody/company needs to make the sleeves like they do for Glocks. This way they are seemless and comfortable.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am sure my thoughts are probably way off base here but you buy a compact because it is easier to conceal, correct??? The hard part of an auto to conceal is the grip, it isn't the slide, so putting extended basepads on the compact negates so of the ease of concealment you bought it for. Sure, extended basepads or sleeves for the full size mags would make it more comfortable but if one is involved in a shooting that needs more rounds than the compact allready has, well I'd think the comfort of the sleeve is going to be the furthest thing from your mind.

·
Registered
171 Posts
very true. Some circumstances allow for a longer grip, and it could also be used for practice and competitions. It allows me to do everything with just the compact.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jester said:
I ran a bunch of them out at one time. I wasn't making any money off of them, I can't mass produce them like others.

I may get a hair up my a$$ and run another sheet or so, but never any large production run.

Well Mr Jester, you let me know when you " run another sheet". I'll be waiting. What kind of capacity did you squeeze out of the MP mags with your bps?

Thanks!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
There was a +3/+4 40 cal/9mm and a +2/+3 40 cal/9mm

2 different thicknesses.

I think I was doing 17$ for one, or 15$ for more than one.

If I can get enough interest I'll make more.

I reccomend the smaller cap base pad for reliability, but the higher cap works fine, just not tested as well.

John

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Easy...

I'm an IPSC shooter. I'll take 4 of the ones that make the most rounds.

Now, how 'bout a magwell? Maybe one held by the thingy that holds the backstrap? :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, I would love to get four extended base pads for my son! He shoots production class...ranks 7th nationally! Brag, brag...what can I say, I'm a Dad!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I look at it this way...if you can't do what you need to do with the 12 rounds that the compact offers..is 2 more rounds gonna make that much of a difference? You might as well turn around and run

1 - 20 of 29 Posts