MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if S & W is still replacing the original slide release with the extended slide release at no charge? My full sized 40 caliber has the original but my compact has the extended slide release. I like the extended better.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can a un-mechanicle (sp? not sure I can even spell the word)) person install one?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Jester, Do you carry them in the store?

I need one also.

Thanks

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I've been waiting for 2 months on them..

they will cover them under wnty if you send it in, dunno if they will just send you one.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Mine were on backorder from S&W also.

I received them about 2 weeks ago.

And no, they are not for sale. :wink:

·
Registered
524 Posts
luvmy40 said:
No problem.

drop the mag

clear the weapon

remove the side as you would normally

Now look down into the mag well from the top of the frame (you might want to use a flash light).

You will see the mag catch assy. and the spring on the front inside of the mag well. The spring is straight "wire" spring extending up from below the catch assy.

use a small screw driver or long needle nose pliers to move the spring away from the release button and toward the rear of the mag well. Be careful not to pull the spring backwards too far. It only needs to come out of the notch in the catch assy.The mag catch should now slide out opposite the button side.

When yo put the new catch in simply hold the spring back slightly and drop the catch in. Then move the spring back into the notch.

He's asking about the slide release...not the mag catch.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I really like to get one as well.

·
Registered
708 Posts
TxPhantom said:
Can a un-mechanicle (sp? not sure I can even spell the word)) person install one?

i think the term would be mechanically

since they are selling so many m&ps i think you should be able to get em once the sales slow down..

you might as well buy one though, costs what 12$?..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts