MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new M&P9 is on the way back to S&W, suffering from failures to extract. I've been using it in IDPA with my reloads and can count on getting at least three failures to extract during a match. My practice today found me with only a 96% successful extraction rate (100 rounds). I've had only one successful match with it, using Blazer ammo with no FTEs. My reloads are the same thing I use in my other nines with no problems. CAn anyone shed some light on what may be plaguing my baby? I was going to use it in the SC state IDPA match, but it won't be back in time to test for the shoot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had a couple of extraction failures about a month after I got my M&P9. It probably had 3-500 rounds through it by then. When I was cleaning the gun I noticed a huge buildup of carbon underneath the extractor claw. It took a few minutes with a dental pick to clean it all out. I now clean that area after every shooting session...and I have never had another failure.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
A lot of us have had the extraction problem, where the empty case is left in the chamber. To date no one has reported sending their M&P back to S&W so please keep us updated.

I had about 800 rounds through mine before I experienced my FTE. The ammo was WWB and it's ran fine since. If there's a fix or if S&W knows about it I'll send mine back as well.

Please update this thread when yours returns.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Since I had a FTE in my first 200 rounds, I'm interested in how this plays out as well. I plan on finishing out my WWB and switching to Black Hills blue box to see if there is any difference in the rates of occurance.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I have not had any failures to extract but I have had two M&P's with almost no extractor tension on the case. I pulled the extractors and fitted them and they have ran for over a thousand rounds with no problems and with a little more of a brisk ejection.

CHECK 360 David Bowie

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Both of my M&Ps have excellent extractor tension on the case.

Maybe this is something that needs to be checked on the guns that are having FTE.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I shot 300 more rounds of WWB through M&P#1 last night, this is the one that had numerous failures to extract with WWB. All went smoothly last night, 0 FTEs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts