MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on here a couple of days ago, someone had a picture of them removing the extractor. If you have a copy or now where I can find that picture and or instructions, please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
It was Yukon. You could search through his posts.

ETA: Found it!

To remove extractor, remove slide form frame, and bang real hard with a hammer and punch from the topside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the extractor a fitted part? I would like to get a spare to have in case. I remember the old 2, 3 and 4 numbered series of SW auto's that had to have the extractor fitted. You did this by removing material from the "pad", that dictated spring tension. Royal pain in the ass.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with extractors. It would be covered under warranty if you did.

·
Registered
498 Posts
choochboost said:
"bang real hard with a hammer and punch from the topside"

I must say I personally don't find I have good results when following instructions that start with bang real hard with a hammer... I think it's just me though. :oops:
:wink:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Truth is, there's no other way to do it, and you'll probably break a punch or two while you're at it.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
--Proceed at your own risk.--

Make a short starter punch.

Lay the slide on a protected hard surface with the muzzle hanging off the side, so that it lays flat.

Use a large hammer and the starter punch to knock the pin loose, top to bottom.

Once it breaks loose, it will punch out fairly easily.

--Proceed at your own risk.--

·
Registered
757 Posts
The extractor is not a fitted part. Don't believe there's a part in the weapon that needs fitting if I recall what our lead armorer told me correctly.

·
Registered
648 Posts
wr moore said:
The extractor is not a fitted part. Don't believe there's a part in the weapon that needs fitting if I recall what our lead armorer told me correctly.

This is correct. It is not a fitted part.

C4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts