MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have several questions concerning the extractor spring of my M&P 45 M2.0. I hope I can get some answers here.

1. Is there a round count number which we need to change out the extractor spring? The manual doesn't mention any.

2. Is the extractor spring from the 1.0 work with the 2.0? And are all models of the M&P 2.0 as well as the 1.0 use the same extractor spring across the board for all available calibers?

3. Where can I buy the extractor spring for a spare?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Hello all. I have several questions concerning the extractor spring of my M&P 45 M2.0. I hope I can get some answers here.

1. Is there a round count number which we need to change out the extractor spring? The manual doesn't mention any.

2. Is the extractor spring from the 1.0 work with the 2.0? And are all models of the M&P 2.0 as well as the 1.0 use the same extractor spring across the board for all available calibers?

3. Where can I buy the extractor spring for a spare?

Thanks for the help.
My wife’s M&P9 that I bought back in ‘07 still has the original extractor spring, and functions fine.

It was my IDPA gun for several years, and has been through several 1500 round count training weekends.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an 07 made 9c that has been flawless until recently when I got a FTE during my last range session. I ordered a new extractor spring and the problem hasn’t happened again. Yes, it could have been the ammo or some other thing, but it was easy to replace. The new spring was ever so slightly taller than the old one, indicating some definite wear over time.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I have an 07 made 9c that has been flawless until recently when I got a FTE during my last range session. I ordered a new extractor spring and the problem hasn’t happened again. Yes, it could have been the ammo or some other thing, but it was easy to replace. The new spring was ever so slightly taller than the old one, indicating some definite wear over time.
A spring take it’s “set” to a shorter working length long before it’s worn out.

I’m not saying that it wasn’t time to change yours, just that length isn’t a reliable indicator in determining replacement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about for the different caliber models? Does the M&P use a different extractor spring say in the .45 Auto as compared to the 9mm models?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
How about for the different caliber models? Does the M&P use a different extractor spring say in the .45 Auto as compared to the 9mm models?
I would call S&W and ask them. I`m not so sure that you will get the right answer here. I know for a fact, that i do NOT know if there is a difference. I figured somebody would chime in that actually knew.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would call S&W and ask them. I`m not so sure that you will get the right answer here. I know for a fact, that i do NOT know if there is a difference. I figured somebody would chime in that actually knew.
I would try to shoot them an email since it's difficult to access their phone line from Southeast Asia where I am right now.

I hope I am right in my presumption that since all caliber models use the same extractor, that the extractor spring would be the same in all caliber models.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I would try to shoot them an email since it's difficult to access their phone line from Southeast Asia where I am right now.

I hope I am right in my presumption that since all caliber models use the same extractor, that the extractor spring would be the same in all caliber models.
Nothin to lose bro, give it a shot, luckily springs dont cost a fortune.
Let us know how you make out. :yes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts