MP-Pistol Forum banner

EYE BALL PROBLEMS

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  coltman1985 
#1 ·
I wear glasses for distance so that I can't focus clearly on front sights.(Although they are reasonably in focus)

When shooting IDPA can't see my hits unless I wear my normal prescription glasses.

Other than special shooting glasses with front sight distance bifocal at top,any other suggestions???

#2 ·
Seeing sites for IDPA

I shoot IDPA and the Experts are always telling me:

Don't look at your hits. Look at the sights and squeeze.

Then go on to the next target. Looking at the holes in the

target supposedly really screws you up. I'm not an Expert

but, that's what they are telling me.

Zeke

#7 ·
Re: Eyes

The Fish said:
Thanks;

1)Nobody touches my eyes with a knife or a light ray.

2)I only look after I have shot at target to avoid mikes.

I am not going to be alot of help here but sounds like you need to learn to call your shots, then you won't need to look at your targets you will already know where you shot them. To shoot at top speed you have to know where the hit is before the bullet get there and you can do this by seeing the sights as the bullet leaves the barrel.

I know of several guys that do that Monovision. That is one eye corrected for near vision and the other for distance. One guy at our club swears by it, say it has really heled his shooting.

#8 ·
I bought some Bolle, polycarbonate safety/shooting glasses with interchangable lenses and a the abiity to insert prescription lenses behind the poly lenses. One set of inserts that I use on the job site is my regular prescription bifocals. On the other insert, I have my right lens focused on the front sight and the left focused for distance. I'm pretty happy withthe setup. Other manufactures make similar set-ups.

Here's a good picture of the prescription adapter:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/presrxadforb.html

rjs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.