MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions for eye protection to wear with/over prescription glasses. I am too tight to buy prescription shooting glasses (after all I am a Scot). I usually just rely on the protection of my regular glasses (plastic lens), but as I get older I am getting a little more careful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wally World had safety glasses in my prescription for 47 bucks (Frame and lenses). They have a special pricing on safety lenses. Safety single vision polycarbonate lenses for 20 bucks a pair, and safety frames from 9 bucks and up.

(Although the $9 frame aint going to help you get a date)

There are safety lenses in bifocal also, but I am still in denial about needing bifocals so I didn't check their price.

·
Registered
599 Posts
safety glasses

What part of In. are you from. I go to USSteel safety center in Gary

and have them make them there for me. Z 87 safety lenses. About

$60-$80

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: safety glasses

8th SPS USAF said:
What part of In. are you from. I go to USSteel safety center in Gary

and have them make them there for me. Z 87 safety lenses. About

$60-$80
I am from South Central Indiana. Monroe County to be exact (the county where even LEOs are not allowed to have a shooting range, but that is a different story. GRRRR). My problem with prescription safety glasses is that I need tri-focals. They are usually not cheap, but I really need to check at some of the cheaper places.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just checked prices for safety glasses at Sam's Club. The frames range from $23 to $70 and tri-focal lens are $90. Sooo... a pair will cost me $113 to $160. That is a lot better than the $350 street glasses I am wearing now. I will also check Wally World, but they should be close to the Sam's price. I will probably just go ahead and get prescription safety glasses and be done with it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I bought the safety glasses with the inserts. Had my optomistrist put my prescription onto the inserts. Glasses cost me $28. the prescription another $100.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
445 Posts
I get the safty glass lens in all my prescription glasses. That way I have protection for my eyes. It can even be coated anti-glare/reflective.

Once you get it done its cheaper than having two pair of glasses, should make the Scot part of you happy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JoeM&P said:
I get the safty glass lens in all my prescription glasses. That way I have protection for my eyes. It can even be coated anti-glare/reflective.
Good idea. I should have thought of that a few months ago when I got new glasses. Now it will probably be another 4 years before I need a different prescription.

... cheaper ... should make the Scot part of you happy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts