MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very disappointed in this weapon. Arthritis brought me here but now I hate it more than before. New out of the box, the grip safety hung up so back to the factory. 4 weeks go by and I go to the range to qualify for Enhanced Carry permit. Between the two magazines, I didn't keep track of which mag was causing the problem, but failure to feed the last round, stovepipe, and failure to leave breach open after firing the last round. They will send parts for the mags and I will go back to the range to see if it is a particular mag. I am firing Sig Sauer 100 grain FMJ. Did I say I was "very disappointed"?

·
Registered
19 Posts
That stove pipe problem is and has always been a known issue. Some EZ's shoot just fine and others seem to almost never get fixed, but one thing I have noticed is that a lot of people say that the SIG ammo does not shoot well at all through the EZ's. It does great in my SIG P238 but I haven't tried it in my EZ and probably will not do so since I'm still having random stovepipe issues on the last round in magazines. At the moment I'm shooting mostly Blazer brass but also have used 2 or 3 other brands of FMJ round nose.

I have 6 factory magazines and the stovepipes happen or do not happen seemingly at random. Because of this, I do not consider the EZ to be a gun for SD, either at home or for carry. It sure is fun to shoot though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That stove pipe problem is and has always been a known issue. Some EZ's shoot just fine and others seem to almost never get fixed, but one thing I have noticed is that a lot of people say that the SIG ammo does not shoot well at all through the EZ's. It does great in my SIG P238 but I haven't tried it in my EZ and probably will not do so since I'm still having random stovepipe issues on the last round in magazines. At the moment I'm shooting mostly Blazer brass but also have used 2 or 3 other brands of FMJ round nose.

I have 6 factory magazines and the stovepipes happen or do not happen seemingly at random. Because of this, I do not consider the EZ to be a gun for SD, either at home or for carry. It sure is fun to shoot though.
S&W are sending me "fixes" for my magazines since they think that is the problem. The slide also does not stay open after the last round. I am going to start carrying a back up just in case. I was using the SIG for my certification shoot but will be using Winchester D otherwise. I will keep an eye out for Blazer or FMJ. Thanks for the info, stay out of trouble.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The slide also does not stay open after the last round.
A lot of people have found that they are pushing (down) against the slide lock lever with their thumb and that is why the slide won't lock back when the magazine is empty. That is not the only reason, but it is one that occurs from time to time. You might check the position of your thumbs in your shooting grip.

The reverse of that, pushing up on the slide lock lever with the thumb(s) while shooting, will cause the slide to lock back before the magazine is empty. My nearest and dearest has had the issue with more than one gun (Glock and SIG) and it has always been his thumb placement.

.....Just some things to consider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of people have found that they are pushing (down) against the slide lock lever with their thumb and that is why the slide won't lock back when the magazine is empty. That is not the only reason, but it is one that occurs from time to time. You might check the position of your thumbs in your shooting grip.

The reverse of that, pushing up on the slide lock lever with the thumb(s) while shooting, will cause the slide to lock back before the magazine is empty. My nearest and dearest has had the issue with more than one gun (Glock and SIG) and it has always been his thumb placement.

.....Just some things to consider.
Appreciate that, the lock back on the EZ is not easy to engage so I doubt it is the problem with early lock back but will check my thumb position next time at the range. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts