MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post up a few concerns about the factory sights, made by Trijicon...

ONE cleaning and the white ring is allready half gone around the tritium. Also, from the factory, the finish or "blue" on the right side of the sight is very thin, you can see the bare metal through it.

So far, not happy at all with my decision to keep factory front sight. I will be ordering a FO front from Jester here in a few days.

Now I remember why I always liked Meprolights over Trijicon.... No white paint exposed to rub off, bigger and brighter. Wonder if i can get a front from them

·
Registered
49 Posts
What did you use to clean the sight? I just got a pair of the Trijicon sights and now I am not so sure that I want them.

The "bluing" on mine looks fine and I clean my guns with Hoppe's 9 (which they say is approved for use on the sights).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
face747 said:
What did you use to clean the sight? I just got a pair of the Trijicon sights and now I am not so sure that I want them.

The "bluing" on mine looks fine and I clean my guns with Hoppe's 9 (which they say is approved for use on the sights).

I used Hoppes 9... Use caution

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ive used Hoppes 9 on two of my pistols that have Trijicon sights for years and have never had a problem.

BKVic

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW is all I have to say......

I called Smith and Wesson just to see what they would say. He asked me what the problem was, I told him that I cleaned my pistol and some of the paint had started coming off. He asked me for my name and address and said a new one was on its way.

VERY Impressed with S&W customer service so far. This was my first dealings with them.

Anybody want to buy a blemished front NS?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I run Trijicon NS's on all my weapons without any issues.

I also stock and sell the M&P NOVAK/Trijicon NS's and think they are some of the best out there.

C4

·
Registered
31 Posts
TexanAviator said:

I called Smith and Wesson just to see what they would say. He asked me what the problem was, I told him that I cleaned my pistol and some of the paint had started coming off. He asked me for my name and address and said a new one was on its way.

VERY Impressed with S&W customer service so far. This was my first dealings with them.

I think this shows how much S&W want to take market share away from Glock and the others. The fastest way to lose sales in the firearm market is to piss off a few owners and the word will spread like wildfire. Just the opposite is true also, go out of your way to make the customer happy and he will tell his friends, the word of mouth is a incredible thing.

BKVic

·
Registered
215 Posts
TexanAviator said:

Sounds good to me, I just ordered a set of factory Night Sights yesterday from the Mother Ship and its nice to know that not only the pistol is covered but the sights also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts