MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have these? Are they any good? The stock sights that came on my M&P40 (not night sights) are not at all what I need on a defense pistol. The rear dots are way too big relative to the front dot. The front sight is too narrow. The rear notch too small. If somebody who has factory night sights could post a picture it'd be great. I'm thinking about getting them on my next M&P but won't if they're anything like these stock sights. Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What? No Free Lunch? Sheesh....but whatever. So I did the search and I'm GUESSing that the factory night sights are the typical Novak configuration, which I can live with. All of the Novak night sights that I've had on my other S&W pistols over the decades have had enough material between the "dot" (ie, the cylinder with the surrounding white outline) and the edge of the notch to allow one to open up the notch enough to provide for a faster "flash sight picture". Yes, sure, this reduces a little that "precision shot" aspect, but, to me and my failing eyesight, that's how its' got to be. So that's what I'm really curious about. Thanks for the gentle nudge into my doing the research myself, but any more info would still be appreciated. From the photos, it "looks" like the night sight dots are right up against the edge of the rear notch. Is this so?

·
Registered
708 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts